Thank You

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Thanks to @pc747 for starting a thread like this every year as we get close to Veterans Day (or Armistice Day depending on where you live). And thank you to the whole admin / moderator team for allowing us to have a thread like this on a Tech & Android forum. It's awesome to be able to take a quick break from tech talk and say thanks to the brave men & women who have defended our freedom, our rights and our great Country.

Thank you to all that are serving, have served or are a family member of a Veteran!

As others have stated I consider it an honor and a privilege to have served this great Country and all that the flag represents. US Army '87 - '07. All gave some. Some gave all.

View attachment 77095

I was in HHB Divarty 101st 87-89 Tacfire. wonder if we ever crossed paths.

us army 85-91 2 tours of korea, 101st , ft sick choklahoma and desert shield/storm!

THANKS - to all that served and thankful for those of us able to post here today!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was in HHB Divarty 101st 87-89 Tacfire. wonder if we ever crossed paths.

us army 85-91 2 tours of korea, 101st , ft sick choklahoma and desert shield/storm!

THANKS - to all that served and thankful for those of us able to post here today!
Awesome, thanks for your service. I was not there in 88 or 89, I was in GA then. You would not recognize the Post today, man has it changed (for the better).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Thanks for the support. Like others, I always just thought of it as being something natural to me and nothing special. It was "just me", and it was "what I did."

1996-2004 U.S. Army, Chief Warrant Officer
MOS 154C - CH-47 pilot (maintenance/test qualified)

ch-47-chinook-920-3.jpg

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you @pc747 for starting such an important thread! I can't help but feel overwhelming gratitude for those that have served and continue to serve to protect the freedoms we take for granted. It is heartfelt appreciation to read the posts here and to realize so many of our df members have given so much to serve our country! Thank you & God bless!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Good old Watertown. Would you believe I've been there? More then once. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I'm glad this thread was made. I echo all sentiments towards our servicemen and women.

Although I personally have not served in the military, most of my family has and always have a deep respect for those who do. My grandfather was Sergeant Major in the Army, but started as a Paratrooper and worked in such lavishing places as Walter Reid Hospital and the Pentagon. He was there during the Korean and Vietnam War. He's had some of the best stories that I love listening too. The man worked until he was around 75! Never gave up until his heart forced him to stay at home.

My uncle ( I can't for the life of me remember his rank. I know he's an officer of some kind ) works with most of the computers at the White House and has worked under Bush and Obama. He worked as infantry during the Iraq conflict. A lot of the areas he was in were always hit with mortar fire so we were always waiting to hear updates. He's retired now but we always keep a picture of him next to all the Presidents he's served.

I have two friends who are currently serving: one in the Marine Corp and the other in the Air Force. Both I respect and talk to on a daily basis. So to those who serve, I salute you with the deepest respect.

john70

Reaction score
I served 8 years total with 3 being behind the Iron Curtain. My entire enlistment was a superb and growing experience but Berlin was the best. Tried to volunteer for Viet Nam twice but was turned down by Col.s smarter than I.

Thanks for your serevice,

John