Thank you!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Just waned to thank Davros for all the great work. I have recently switched to the samsung fascinate as my main device. I will still be giving project gimsource's new stuff a try on my droid from time to time. Big up to Davros and thanks again for the top notch work!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh well I'm hoping you stay around. I'm waiting to see what the TB brings. If nothing, I'm waiting for the Bionic.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll still be checking out gimpsource from time to time. I got the fascinate on ebay so I can save my upgrade for when something good comes out. TB was taking forever to come out!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Cool, thx. Ya hang out talk its more than just roms and crap. I am sure the D1 users will deminish slowy here soon. I will always make roms for this phone out of pure fun. I've slowed down right now cuz I'm trying to perfect things and get it all sorted out....

Your always welcome.

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll always love the d1. It a great device. Yea its fun to come on these forums and see what the latest discussion is.

Sent from my fascinate

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm bumping this.

Because I can. And...

I'm embarrassed to say I ventured out and the ROM I tried bit me in the behind.

Loaded up old reliable GS3.1Revo and my phone works.

Thanks D.

And thanks to CorCor67 for an amazing kernel.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm bumping this.

Because I can. And...

I'm embarrassed to say I ventured out and the ROM I tried bit me in the behind.

Loaded up old reliable GS3.1Revo and my phone works.

Thanks D.

And thanks to CorCor67 for an amazing kernel.

lol funny.

veedubsky

Reaction score
Cool, thx. Ya hang out talk its more than just roms and crap. I am sure the D1 users will deminish slowy here soon. I will always make roms for this phone out of pure fun. I've slowed down right now cuz I'm trying to perfect things and get it all sorted out....

Your always welcome.

I do have to say. This is probably one of the best phones to date!!! This phone has so much support and so many options from the developing community. I have to say, and I'll be honest, I tried this ROM out of no where just for fun and the features list wasn't the most extravagant but I feel when the list grows the ROM slows... then again all I need is to be able to overclock and some color options and I am like a pig in sh..... shoes... ;) I have to say, this is probably one of the Top 5 ROMs I have tried. I am on GimpSource now and I have tried everything from Liquid, Sapphire, UD, BB, PE, and many more I forget. This ROM I feel came out of left field, for me at least, and took me by surprise. It is a bare bones ROM with all it needs and not a touch more. That's how ROMs should be. I think the down fall of ROMs sometimes is developers trying to cram and jam so much into the ROM because people request features and request edits but then they don't realize that will start to slow it down. Then loose interest in it because its this that or another thing they don't like. I have to give a thumbsup to this ROM because it is awesome!!!

-Dubsky

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, Project GimpSource Roms run very well. Performance is always great on these Roms. Options are good, but I prefer performance. My girlfriend is thinking about letting me root her D1 and GS is definitely going on it if she decides to go with root.

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Yes, Project GimpSource Roms run very well. Performance is always great on these Roms. Options are good, but I prefer performance. My girlfriend is thinking about letting me root her D1 and GS is definitely going on it if she decides to go with root.

Cool ya. I made GS3.1 wife phone friendly. She relies on it all day for work. So once I got the kernel/randoms, battery stats on her phone settled. She is quite happy. And well pink love theme was made for her. Lol

Btw I'm gonna see if I can compile some kernels in the next few days or so, based off RzR base.

veedubsky

Reaction score

Yup!!! I had a couple things being a PITA but Davros said they were a problem that would just keep happening. I don't care what the reasoning behind them are if he was having problems with it or what because it doesn't bother me, people in this community are AWESOME!!! (Coming from a BB banghead!) I know 10 times out of 10 they will be solved so its cool. I just really appreciate the rapid response that seems to be the norm. That's awesome your girl will let you root and ROM. My GF won't let me touch her phone to even check FB hahahahahhaha She's content just being able to use it and has seen how many times I have had to SBF my phone ("X" key is REALLYYYYYY messed up on phone even though it was a "refurb" so if I get a bootloop it's the only option I have. :icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing::icon_cussing:) This ROM is one of the first word of mouth ROMs I have to talk about. It's simple, it works, its awesome!!!

-Dubsky

OP
Stelv

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well she hasn't let me root it yet. She would enjoy the pink theme and this rom though. hopefully she lets me : )

Sent from my fascinate

veedubsky

Reaction score
Well she hasn't let me root it yet. She would enjoy the pink theme and this rom though. hopefully she lets me : )

Sent from my fascinate

Hahaha yup there you go. Just pitch the pink theme and do it when shes not looking hahaha

-Dubsky