Thank You I'm new @ this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by damagmew53, Aug 26, 2012.

1. damagmew53

damagmew53 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the welcome. I have a number of questions about my Samsung Galaxy nexus

I've paired my nexus to my blue tooth printer but don't find a print option when i need it. Can I print directly to from my nexus
    Also I was awaken by a loud door bell like chime twice last night what is that about?

I have been getting a white flashing light at the bottom of my screen what is that?

I have a purple light flashing a the bottom of my screen now what is that telling my?

I hear various chimes throughout the day and have no idea what they mean. Can someone help explain?

2. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Welcome to Droid Forums!! I am going to try and give you a hand with some of these but I will need more information to be able to answer them accurately.

Unfortunately I have never used Bluetooth or a wireless printer so I am not going to be able to say anything about this one.

This is your notification LED. As far as the white color, it either is indicating you have an email, sms message, or perhaps a missed call.

This is another color for your notification LED. Why it is purple I am not sure, that is not a stock color. MY guess would be that an app you have downloaded uses the indicator and it is set to purple in the settings.

Without knowing what you have gotten (message or call wise) when they go off it is hard for me to say. They typically are associated with different messages etc. You can go into Settings > Sounds and look at/change the various sounds the phone gives off. Also, certain apps will have settings within them that you can change as well.

3. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

Ratings:
    +22
    Aloha & welcome:biggrin:

4. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,026
    Current Phone Model:
    Z Force 2
    Twitter:
    smalltownlife13
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Did you get the marjority of your issues resolved?

5. SFGate

SFGate Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the site. DancingNexus

6. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Welcome to the forum!

To print from your phone, you'll need to install a printing app. Some phones come with an app and/or process that allows it, but they tend be extremely limited and only work from within certain system apps. I don't remember if the Nexus has anything like this or not. Several printer companies have their own apps that work with some of their printers. The best all-around printing option out there on Android is PrinterShare. The full version is a little pricey at $12.95, but if you want/need to do a lot of printing, it's well worth it. It's worked with every wireless and networked printer I've tried to use it with. The free version should allow you to at least find out if you would be able print if you purchase the full version, taking the risk out of the purchase.