Thank You Bugless Beast!

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Digital_Dementia, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Digital_Dementia

Digital_Dementia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just tried Smoked Glass and Simply Stunning roms and while yes they are rather decent I had quite a few issues with both. On Smoked Glass I had widget issues as well as launcher issues even in the regular launcher I would have to reboot to realign the words under the applications. As for Simply Stunning same issue with the launcher not to mention fc in landscape mode as well as widget issues. I've been using Bugless Beast for a day or so now and no fc's, no widget issues, hakuna matada ;)

2. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Bugless beast is an awesome rom. Switched from sholes the day the pete put out the first version

On a side note, if anyone with an alldroid.org account could do me a favor and let pete know that the latest version seems to be missing busybox, I recommend this version right here
    http://membres.multimania.fr/numlock79/android/files/busybox-1.15.3.zip
    I would greatly appreciate it

3. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i never liked bb or glass for that matter just used mine that i setup to my liking and used adam Z's awesome glass theme till simply stunning came along i use it 24/7 now.

4. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    He has fixed the busybox issue. Just didn't rename or change the date. But it's noted in the 'fixed' box. Course it takes less time to reinstall busybox on your own than to reflash the ROM:icon_ devil:

5. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks my friend

6. Digital_Dementia

Digital_Dementia Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't like the icons for Simply Stunning I find them to just be eh, I mean it seemed to run alright but BB seems to run best.

7. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually kinda liked the icons in the Simply Stunning ROM.....yeah there different but I liked a little change....

I flashed it again tonight to give it a 2nd chance and see if there are any problems arise...

8. Kobra

Kobra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to agree with the first poster. This ROM is great! The Look is very professional and clean. Everything has worked right out the gate. WiFi tethering works flawlessly, the HQ You Tube and Video recording is nice! Super Super job!

On a side note what is busybox and why would I need it? Thanks

9. HMJB

HMJB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same, actually trying it for the first time.. stable for the last 5 hours so far... this is with GDE + Live wallpapers(starfield from the market) + 1k MHz

The icons are nice but poorly placed IMO, 3G and the phone reception icons are too close together. The % on the battery is too hard to read. Other than that, it pretty much rocks.

10. codyodyody

codyodyody Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I came from sholes 2.0.3 as well to the bb 7.5. It really is awesome. I was having a ton of FC's with sholes and I havnt had any yet (knock on wood) But it seems to run much smoother and quicker. Great job

11. Martin030908

Martin030908 DF Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +0
    Sholes I couldn't OC more than 800mhz and remain stable. BB I can run 1ghz all day long with no issues :icon_ banana:

12. mcinvaille

mcinvaille Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I first have to state that BB is the only ROM that I have used but that may be because it is so good. I tried it first for whatever reason and I have had only one issue but not even sure if it is BB related; I occasionally I get an IM FC warning and don't even use it. I think Pete is a student so please contribute to this talent as appropriate. I am sure he appreciates the accolades but they can't buy beer, I mean food and clothes!