Thank You ALL

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Feb 13, 2011.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    I very much appreciate the donations you have made .. given that I just found out on Friday I'll be out of a job soon, it really helps.

A LOT of work goes into building these ROMS. Of course there is lots of scripting that is done, but the majority of work goes into modifying the AOSP code itself, ie xml and java programming, which not all devs do. That is where the REAL customization comes into play. My ROMS are much more than a dump of an AOSP build with a few scripts. And I'll again thank cyanogenmod for the awesome base that I get to start with!

I also pride myself on getting back to all questions and issues - I hope you feel that I am doing a good job there. If I happen to miss a question, it is not on purpose - so please bring it to my attention again!

Other than help with graphics (primarily yakitori/y0rk), I do this all on my own, including all development AND support. Although I must say you all do a great job helping each other out as well :)

2. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe I speak for most of us chevy in saying, NO THANK YOU!! With out ur work and development our phones would not be so stable and amazing! And keep up the great work :)

done with thumbs

3. sslbaron

sslbaron Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy, sorry about the bad news about your job. That sucks, been there done that. I just wanted to put in my 2ยข and say thank you for all that you do for the droid community. Your roms have personally kept me from jumping ship to the iphone. Keep up the all the good work.
    Scott

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

4. coker6303

coker6303 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was seriously thinking about getting the HTC Thunderbolt as soon as Verizon had them in the store but thanks to you, i'm wanting to keep the lil' droid for a while longer.

Thanks for keeping it interesting bro!!!dancedroid

5. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Without the work you put in...I'd be a pretty bored person. Thank you for all your work. Sorry to hear about your job. Hope everything works out for the best

Sent from my Droid

6. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear about your job Chevy. Hopefully you'll find a better one. I appreciate the hard work you do so I'll get you a couple of beers. One for your rom & another for the kernels. My thoughts are with you, thanks again.

7. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    All the best chevy.

Haven't used your ROMs but I love the kernels brother.

Good Luck out there.

8. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Your the one who deserves the thanks Chevy, your amazing imagination and skills put this phone on a whole new level with SS 5.0. From everybody here, thank you so much for all you do. :)

9. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,829
    Twitter:
    jstaff79
    Chevy....I'm sorry to hear about the job situation. You're a good guy and something will come up soon I'm sure. You're one of the best around as far as support and getting back to the people who use your ROM.
    Best of luck in the future!!!!!

Sent from somewhere...

10. kev2316

kev2316 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy Thank you so much your Rom, it has proven to the be the best out of any other and most stable, freaking love it. I'm also sorry to hear about your job but I'm sure you shouldn't have to much trouble getting another one show them your work here in an interview, if they know anything they will be all over you haha :)

11. tcyree2202

tcyree2202 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with everyone here. The thanks goes to you, Chevy. Your work is definitely some of the best around, and you deserve every bit of the donations. Good luck!

12. rollo69

rollo69 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I also agree with everything said thus far , Thank you for all the great work you've done thus far and I'm looking forward to more great work in the future.
    I pray all goes well for your future employment.

THANK YOU!!