Thank god for unlimited data =]

AceDROID

Reaction score
though it may be short lived. For almost a month I have been living without standard internet.. so I have been tethering using different ways (wireless, wired) using three different programs/drivers to cater to my tethering needs. Although it's not as fast as my fios connection was, it is a helluva lot faster than dial up. haha. Onto the goods.

Untitled-2.jpg

Mind you, that's since the 13th or 14th, however they do it.

Does anyone else tether like that? Or see data usage that high?

We pay for unlimited and this is the first time I have ever done it, this passed month. Amazing, huh?

BigZig

Reaction score
I don't tether and I use on avg that amount every month with browsing web, watching live streams, downloading music,roms and kernels just from my phone.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just wait til the tiered plans come and u have to renew ur contract...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Abe raises a good point. It may be an increase when we renew.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

....so let's live in fear and not take advantage of features because MAYBE, sometime in the future, they may change things up because I heard somebody on the inturwebz said so.....

I tell you what, whenever I ruin it for others by doing what the O.P. is doing (tethering for my primary home inet), I'll quickly and quietly call my cable company back and keep my cable, drop my home phone, and pick up inet (since that would be the cheapest possible way for me)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

....so let's live in fear and not take advantage of features because MAYBE, sometime in the future, they may change things up because I heard somebody on the inturwebz said so.....

I tell you what, whenever I ruin it for others by doing what the O.P. is doing (tethering for my primary home inet), I'll quickly and quietly call my cable company back and keep my cable, drop my home phone, and pick up inet (since that would be the cheapest possible way for me)

im not trying to scare anyone. just saying dont expect this to continue on because VZW will be imposing tiered data plans.

no need to get all high and mighty..

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score

im not trying to scare anyone. just saying dont expect this to continue on because VZW will be imposing tiered data plans.

no need to get all high and mighty..

mmhyhhmmmm..... you know how long people have been posting that on here?

astaccz

Reaction score
If they have tiered data prices when my contract is up I'm leaving Verizon. Time to get an Android device on another carrier

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
If they have tiered data prices when my contract is up I'm leaving Verizon. Time to get an Android device on another carrier

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
The problem with that thinking is a "follow the leader" mentality the wireless carriers have. Sprint has said they will implement tiered data if usage becomes a problem. T-Mobile will no doubt do the same. It's just a matter of when we'll see it across the board.

BigZig

Reaction score
Just because they go to tiered data does not mean they won't still offer an unlimited plan as well