Thank God for Smartphones

TheFearBoners

Reaction score
Hello, all. I'm Ben. I'm from South Carolina, but I don't do illicit things to my sister, I feel that it should be pronounced pe-kahn not pee-can, and my family does not live in a trailer in the middle of the woods.

Now that that's out of the way, I got an Incredible when they came out earlier this year, and have been monumentally pleased with it. I rooted recently, and have been messing around with various ROMs, trying to find one that I really enjoy, and I have great respect and admiration for the people that are writing these ROMs. They are fantastic.

My current and future goal for my phone is that I'd like to make it the center of my car's ('05 Tiburon; her name is Bella) entertainment, navigation, and information center, and if you have any suggestions on how I might further my cause in this regard, please don't hesitate to drop me a line. I can return the favor by offering computer tech support or Ocarina of Time walkthrough tips.

-Ben

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well ben your intro literally made me laugh out loud and for that I thank you. In any case welcome to the forums.

You are not the first person to try to integrate your phone in to your vehicle on this forum. I have seen several people around here trying to do it lately, i'm sure you guys could gey together and toss ideas around.

Anyway enjoy your stay!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Welcome Ben, outstanding first post! LOL

What part of SC are you in? I graduated from The Citadel and still visit Charleston about once a month. Trying to move back there.

If you get a chance, come join us over at HTC Incredible Forum. Don't worry, not trying to steal you, it's our subforum. It tends to be a little more active so we can catch your answers faster. If you get a chance, come by and say hi.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ocarina of Time was the shiz!!!!!!
Welcome to Droid Forums!! With a personality like yours, you'll DEF fit in here!!
P.S. - I'm with you one the pee-khan thing!! :)

Hello, all. I'm Ben. I'm from South Carolina, but I don't do illicit things to my sister, I feel that it should be pronounced pe-kahn not pee-can, and my family does not live in a trailer in the middle of the woods.

Now that that's out of the way, I got an Incredible when they came out earlier this year, and have been monumentally pleased with it. I rooted recently, and have been messing around with various ROMs, trying to find one that I really enjoy, and I have great respect and admiration for the people that are writing these ROMs. They are fantastic.

My current and future goal for my phone is that I'd like to make it the center of my car's ('05 Tiburon; her name is Bella) entertainment, navigation, and information center, and if you have any suggestions on how I might further my cause in this regard, please don't hesitate to drop me a line. I can return the favor by offering computer tech support or Ocarina of Time walkthrough tips.

-Ben

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
T

TheFearBoners

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

Welcome Ben, outstanding first post! LOL

What part of SC are you in? I graduated from The Citadel and still visit Charleston about once a month. Trying to move back there.

If you get a chance, come join us over at HTC Incredible Forum. Don't worry, not trying to steal you, it's our subforum. It tends to be a little more active so we can catch your answers faster. If you get a chance, come by and say hi.

Jkhonea,

I'm actually about to graduate from USC in May. And Charleston rocks, doesn't it? I haven't had a chance to go down there since early this summer but I always tend to have a good time when I do.

Also, I just joined up over at the HTC Incredible Forum, so I expect I'll be seeing more of you over there.

Later.

Ben

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome Ben, i may have a suggestion. If you want to see a decent performance output of your car check out the Torque app in the market. It reads the cars OBD II computer and shows you the stats. Hope this can help

OP
T

TheFearBoners

Reaction score
Welcome Ben, i may have a suggestion. If you want to see a decent performance output of your car check out the Torque app in the market. It reads the cars OBD II computer and shows you the stats. Hope this can help

Thanks for the tip, Chevy. I checked out the app, and it is very well reviewed and the pro version definitely seems like it would be worth the money. The only problem I see is finding a good deal on a OBD to Bluetooth adapter, but I'm sure I can rectify that with a little eBaying.

Thanks again!