Tha Verizon Store Today

wildman

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store today (not a company store). Two women working, the first ask if she could help me, so I explained I was thinking about upgrading my phone, she ask my phone number, and quickley said you still have the origonal droid, and recomended the Droid 4. I said no thanks, I didn't need a slider, so she started to push the Razr, and I said no I don't want a phone with out a replaceable battery. I told her I was looking at the Nexus and Rezound. She quickley said they are both great phones, and pointed to the other woman and said her husband just got a Rezound, he's into the tech stuff. I asked about 4G coverage in our area, she told me straight out it was great in town and up & down the highway and ask where I lived, I told her East of town, She replied me too, and if you are near the tower (the one by my house) it is still 3G, and didn't know when it would be upgraded. 1st time I ever had a rep know anything about towers. She also told me that they would match any price Verizon offers online, and said she would remember my number and call me if there is a price drop on the Rezound. Best servive i've had so far.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
More often than not you're better off in a non-corporate store. Seems like some of those people actually care about mobiles vs the corporate store that just wants your money and will tell you anything to get it. At least at a non-corporate store they usually have more options than just Verizon. However if you've done research(on or off the net), don't count on people having more information than you do when you walk in a store....any store.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Ditto to what MrSmith said. The associates in the affiliate stores seem way more knowledgeable. Not only with verizon, but with other companies too. BUT, they don't always know what they are talking about, but they'd like to think they do. Some of them dislike the corporate Verizon customer service reps because they are so dumb. i watched an affiliate store owner tell a verizon rep how to carry out a semi-complicated transaction dealing with contracts and switching of phones. Bless the verizon reps heart, must have been his first day lol.

EDIT: It's funny when I go to a verizon store to play with one of their new phones on overhear them selling off some phones to old ladies and highschool kids. The things they say makes me chuckle and want to work part time. Some of these folks sound like scam artists.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah I can agree with Smith. Though, from my experience, they weren't exactly infinitely more knowledgeable about phones, but they did seem genuinely more interested in helping me find what was right for me, instead of just pitching to me their latest and greatest or showing me the bottom of the barrel when I say I'm not interested.

shockracer

Reaction score
I just go online. Went to a company Verizon store, my wife asked the rep if she knew when the iPhone would be coming to verizon rep said I won't happen for a year or more. Guess what, 2 weeks later it was out. I find it better to do my own research and talk to Verizon's techs, then listing to there "reps" at there stores.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I just go online. Went to a company Verizon store, my wife asked the rep if she knew when the iPhone would be coming to verizon rep said I won't happen for a year or more. Guess what, 2 weeks later it was out. I find it better to do my own research and talk to Verizon's techs, then listing to there "reps" at there stores.

This.
If I'm buying a phone I don't see why I'd need to go to a store and pay hundreds more than if I bought it online.
In-store troubleshooting and replacement is fantastic though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dolpns13

Reaction score

This

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

graywolf

Reaction score
I personally hate the verizon store. Evil scam artists. They will tell you anything if they think you will buy something.
When I got my Rezound, it was a simple upgrade. Ended up in the store for 3 and a half hours.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally hate the verizon store. Evil scam artists. They will tell you anything if they think you will buy something.
When I got my Rezound, it was a simple upgrade. Ended up in the store for 3 and a half hours.

Get better at saying no. I walk in a Verizon store, tell them what I want and walk out with it(after signing 30 minutes of contracts and waiting for my phone to activate). I refuse to suffer their sales pitches as I probably know more than most of the Verizon store employees.

graywolf

Reaction score
Get better at saying no. I walk in a Verizon store, tell them what I want and walk out with it(after signing 30 minutes of contracts and waiting for my phone to activate). I refuse to suffer their sales pitches as I probably know more than most of the Verizon store employees.

Well, I had done a lot of work online prior to the verizon store and I walked into the verizon store knowing I wanted the Rezound. I told them that's what I wanted but they still kept trying to get me to buy every accessory they had.
I stood firm and only walked out with the Rezound.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well, I had done a lot of work online prior to the verizon store and I walked into the verizon store knowing I wanted the Rezound. I told them that's what I wanted but they still kept trying to get me to buy every accessory they had.
I stood firm and only walked out with the Rezound.

I'm with ya wolf, saying no has very little to do with it. I never blindly go into a VZ store, I always have a reason or know what I want. Yet, amazingly, even for a simple upgrade, when it comes down to waiting for a rep, telling them what you want in terms they can comprehend, and standing at the counter waiting for it to be activated, you'll still notice you've somehow been there for 2 hours with almost nothing being accomplished. It's actually quite amazing how the physics of time and space literally transform while in a VZ corporate store.

The worst is all the stores around here have a "greeter" who literally knows NOTHING about smartphones. Nothing. But everytime you come in, you HAVE to deal with him first, and explain your story and why you're there, only to be told "ok, please enter your name here and we'll be with you shortly." It's like...wtf? What do they pay you for?

loki993

Reaction score
See that's interesting every time I've been in a non corporate store, like an authorized retailer, I instantly get attacked by a pushy salesman asking me a million questions. "What kind of phone do you have? When did you get it? Whens your contract up"...etc etc I hate it and they never have real phones, just dummies. So I avoid them