Texts keep getting deleted

Droid6992

Reaction score
I've had a droid since a little after Dec. The day after Christmas I got an error message saying messaging wasn't responding and I force closed. After doing that I went back into messaging and noticed all my conversations were deleted. Ever since that time its happened countless more times even after getting a replacement phone. Just to clarify yes I have the box unchecked that says delete old messages as limits are reached.

Its not urgent, just very annoying.

veggiedave

Reaction score
ive been having the exact same problem. just dumps every text i have. its really starting to piss me off.

spredbury

Reaction score
Text deletes and force close

I purchased a Droid for my Grandson about 2 monts ago and he has started having trouble with texts being deleted and a force close of the text app. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem?

OhioDroid80

Reaction score
I had this issue a month or so ago, and then it went away. Well suddenly last night it came back with a rampage!!!! It does NOT matter how many threads/messages I have either. I was typing a txt last night and it gave me the option to force close or report. I've reported it 3 times in the last 24 hours since it started force closing on me and deleting my messages for no apparent reason. After it happened twice in less than 30 minutes I decided to shut my phone off take the battery out and then put the battery back in and restart the phone. I thought/hoped that the problem would then solve itself, but I was wrong! :icon_evil: I have no idea what is causing this problem and I hope it will be fixed with Froyo (2.2) whenever I get it because that's my only big complaint about my Moto Droid!!