Texts going to the wrong person?

cloud12077

Reaction score
So my co-worker had this issue a couple months back, and I happened to have the same issue last night.

(Using the default text app)

I send a text to someone and it actually gets sent to another person.

Example:
Person 1 is supposed to recieve a message that says "Hi Adam".
Person 2 recieves the message "Hi Adam".
Person 2 is confused and replies back "I'm not Adam".
I get a message from person 2 saying "I'm not Adam".
I reply to the message saying, "I know, your Becca".
Person 3 recieves the message "I know, your Becca".
ect...

It does not send to the correct person until I restarted my phone and then my chat history was deleted up to the point when I first said "Hi Adam".

I was meeting up with some people for game night and asked them to show me their phones and they got messages from me that were ment for the other person. After the restart of my phone my phone shows that I sent them to the correct person, yet they never recieved the message.

Anyone else experience this issue? Any fix for this so I don't happen to say "Hi sweet heart" to my dad or brother? Thanks.

warrior21

Reaction score
I've definitely heard of this happening but it's usually a third party app like handcent that has had that kind of issue

Sent from my Droid

ISUVetMed

Reaction score
You aren't crazy, this happened to me once also. After a reboot it would send to the correct person, always makes me wonder when I send a text if it is going to go to the correct person. I am rooted and running cyanogen with default text app.

OP
C

cloud12077

Reaction score
I have not rooted this phone. So it's all default what ever Verizon puts out.

FXRS

Reaction score
I've had this with Handcent and the native app. Its it quite disturbing. Here I thought it was just me. I'd like to know why this is going on and it NEEDS to be fixed.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used Handcent since February and I've never had a text sent to a wrong or incorrect contact.

gaga

Reaction score
Annoying quirk.
Happens to me sometimes, but is solved by a reboot.

beachfeet

Reaction score
FYI, i have all the same issues with duplicate recipients, wrong person all together, & the newest is texts being sent correctly but showing under diff thread, making you think your crazy! Anyway, the fyi being that i have sprint service on the evo 4 g, so it seems to be a droid issue in general, almost like an htc virus of some sort?? Anyone heard of anything?? My issues started as quirky bugs & got more frequent & varied! I do notice that my droid also really misbehaves while on sprint car charger!! Weird!

ytsejam454

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I sent a text to a coworker and it went to someone else yet showed it went to my co worker. I have the EVO on Sprint and this thing is starting to fall apart. It gets red hot sometimes, the speaker blew for no aparent reason and it has a bunch of other random annoying issues that are usually cured with a reboot (which takes way too long imo)

So anyone know of a fix yet?

alienware777

Reaction score
Its an official bug known by google. Its very rare and almost never occurs though so they can't figure out what's wrong. It only occurs with the stock messaging, but other apps may have bugs like this too. There is no fix.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ytsejam454

Reaction score
So I send a dirty message to my girlie and it goes to my boss or my mom. Real nice. I'm starting to miss my flip phone lol

apopj

Reaction score
Add me to the list... I have a Droid X2, but it also happened with the Droid. Verizon says they have never heard of this problem. Using the original Text Engine and even tried Gingerbread. Also, using swype if that matters.....