Texts are not sending. Very annoying!

smiller136

Reaction score
This morning, my phone will not send texts using both Handcent and the stock app. This is what I have tried so far: uninstalled Handcent, restarted phone several times, shut down and removed sim card then restarted without card and reinserted card and restarted. Nothing is working. Verizon wireless customer service is apparently not open today so I'm appealing to all of you to see if there is an answer out there.

the virus

Reaction score
This morning, my phone will not send texts using both Handcent and the stock app. This is what I have tried so far: uninstalled Handcent, restarted phone several times, shut down and removed sim card then restarted without card and reinserted card and restarted. Nothing is working. Verizon wireless customer service is apparently not open today so I'm appealing to all of you to see if there is an answer out there.

I had the same problem. It was handcent I installed and have been using the stock app since with no problems.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Tonight, none of my texts would send. With chomp, go sms, handcent or the stock app. I couldn't receive texts either. and my coworker with a Maxx couldn't send or receive texts either (but phone calls work just fine for both of us). It has happened a few times, I have no explanation. It works fine now- a couple hours later. Possibly a Verizon problem rather than a phone problem? I don't know...

Reaction score
Its a bug with jb hope update will fix issue

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

YelloEye

Reaction score
My phone does something like that on occasion. Sometimes though it does send the Madge but leaves the little green arrow up.

Reaction score
Care to elaborate a bit more please? Source of info?

Thanks.

David

I don't have a source but ics never had this issue and I have had the RAZR and now the Max. Both devices did that when I updated to jelly bean

debrad0307

Reaction score
I don't have a source but ics never had this issue and I have had the RAZR and now the Max. Both devices did that when I updated to jelly bean

It's not a JB bug. It has something to do with Verizon. I don't have a Motorola and I have this issue from time to time. The other day Verizon's 4g was out in my area. You can't blame an update when only a handful of people are having the issue and you have no proof that JB is in fact the cause of the problem.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
Well I having this issue since jb and I live in a 3g area so I guess it can go either way Verizon want people to call and report bugs they are having so they can update this phone 1 last time. Since the next moto phone is launching soon

debrad0307

Reaction score
Well I having this issue since jb and I live in a 3g area so I guess it can go either way Verizon want people to call and report bugs they are having so they can update this phone 1 last time. Since the next moto phone is launching soon

Well considering there aren't a whole lot of reports on this issue it can't be blamed on the JB update. Aside from this post, I haven't seen any other issues. For those having issues, you may want to call Verizon and see what they have to say about it. A new sim card might be in order.

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2