Textplus App with Verizon

BBaron46

Reaction score
I started using textplus about a week ago on my Verizon HTC droid. It was my understanding that this was a free service and the carriers would not charge. I noticed today that my text usage is still being listed under my Verizon.com account. How could this be?

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I started using textplus about a week ago on my Verizon HTC droid. It was my understanding that this was a free service and the carriers would not charge. I noticed today that my text usage is still being listed under my Verizon.com account. How could this be?

It's a free appbut not free to text. As you know text are counted. The only way to free texting is Google Voice. Your bill is accurate

MNTNBKR

Reaction score

I'm not sure how textplus works but apparently it still uses the same besic method for sending a text...which means you'll be charged for it.

If you want free texts, you need to sign up and use a service like Google Voice. Google voice uses data (which is unlimited) to send text messages.

thatdrew

Reaction score
textPlus is defintely free for you to send texts. If you've verified your app with a cell # and have SMS notifications on, standard text messaging rates apply