Texting

viola

Reaction score
I like this forum because people are so helpful and quick to reply:)

Soooo... Is it common for the letters to lag when texting? I'll go back and forth between vertical, horizontal, then keyboard, but the letters won't show up fully until after 30 seconds. Sometimes, I'll just have to stop texting for about ten minutes and wait for the letters to show up.
It doesn't happen very often; just once in a while (every couple weeks?)

Is it a setting problem? I have different keyboard apps so that I can text in multiple languages, so I'm trying to figure out if that's the problem. If not, maybe it's just a motorola thing.

warrior21

Reaction score
That's not an issue I've ever had. It could be one of the keyboard apps is not playing well with the others. Are you using the stock sms?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If not, maybe it's just a motorola thing.
It's not a "Motorola thing" in my experience. Have you tried removing the keyboard apps? In any troubleshooting you want to reduce the number of variables involved.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You text too fast.

drivinfocused

Reaction score
i have handcent and it does that every so often. but they show up a second later or so. is it also doing it in the browser(s) at all? like said above i would check with your latest apps and see if that may have caused a problem

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I have this problem with the stock browser. It's usually isolated to the address bar, and it's just something that I've dealt with.

OP
viola

viola

Reaction score
Most of the time, issues such as these usually end up being stuff "I deal with" as well. They're not MAJOR issues, but irksome, you know?

I haven't had problems with it in my browser yet, but let me see if it's because I have a lot of keyboard apps:)