Texting With Droid Question

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Just wondering if you can set your droid up so that when you slide out the keyboard and start typing it automatically goes into text message like the ennv2 and 3? My lazy butt uses that on my env2 so wondering if I can do that on the Droid aswell.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
To reply to a text? I believe so, I know that's the case on Handcent.

On my env2 I just open the phone and start typing on the keyboard. It automatically starts typing in a text field and when I am done I just fill in who it is going to and then press send. Not talking about replying to a text, just sending a text in general.

minmongoblin

Reaction score
Ah, I don't think it can do that. If it does I haven't noticed, but I always pick who I want to text first, haha

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
haha ya I hear ya. Its just something I have got used to on my env2. Im sure its alot easier on the droid but on the env2 you have to hit message, then new message, then text message and then you could start typing. With the keyboard shortcut you just open the phone and start typing and you by pass all that nonsense. Im sure you dont have to do all that on the droid or do you?

rook

Reaction score
I was used to that on my env2 as well. And I havent found a feature yet to do that on the Droid.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Anyone know if the droid can do this or if there is an app for it?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Onething you can try is setting up quick message shortcuts on a home screen for the people you txt most. Just long press an open spot: shortcuts: direct message, then pick the contact. Other than that like previous poster said email handcent and see if they can work that out.