Texting skin

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Avalanche, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Avalanche

Avalanche New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am using BBv0.4 with Smoked Glass and I wanted to know if I am just missing how to change the way my texts look or if it is not an option. What I was wanting was my text screen to look like the smoked glass theme instead of the stock theme.

2. dodgersrgood

dodgersrgood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've also been looking for the messaging app to be dark/smoked themed but no luck so far. =(

3. Avalanche

Avalanche New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I guess it needs to be done as an extra or something but I really like SG ...just dont like that vanilla text.

4. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I recommend using handcent from the market, free download and highly customizable. Word of caution, it uses the stock mms.apk to send mms, so don't delete it.

5. NeverEndingXsin

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 to handcent. ive been using it for months now and its never let me down :) plenty of ways to customize stuff which makes everything so much better.

6. hett

hett Member

Ratings:
    +1
    As someone who hates Handcent, I'd also like to see a skinned version of the SMS app.

7. KpAtch3s

KpAtch3s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1

Handcent is horrible imo

8. bigillz

bigillz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not to hijack the thread, but what's wrong with handcent? I've been using it for months; it has a number of features the stock messaging doesn't and all its extra features can be turned off.. Of particular note for me, adding recipients is awesome since for a mass text I can pull up my contact list and check off anyone I want to receive it.

9. ACalcutt

ACalcutt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what is there to theme in the mms app? All I really see are a grey bar and a send button. I am a google voice user...so i never really use the real mms app.

It looks like black droid has a themed mms app. you could always use his metamorph version and just apply the mms theme
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-2-froyo-update-zip-metamorph-back-stock.html
    EDIT: looks like the FRF84B metamorph version hasn't been released yet, but i would bet the older FRF57 metamorph mms theme (don't apply all...just mms ...make a backup ;-)) would work.

#9 ACalcutt, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  10. Avalanche

Avalanche New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like have the reply in a dark grey and have the other in black or something. The stock one is white and baby blue...yuk. Also the pic has that stock frame around it which could also be smoked glass.

I know a lot of us would love it if you did it pweeeeeeese! :icon_ banana:

11. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You can make handcent look like the stock SMS app, so why exactly do you hate it?

Same as above, you can make it look like a skinned version of the stock SMS app, so why is it horrible again?

And again, you can make handcent look like the stock SMS app just skinned dark, so why not just use handcent?

I really don't understand the deal with people hating hancent so damn much and loving the stock SMS app, but hating that they can't skin it when they can make handcent look just like the very thing they are looking for!!!

12. MagicMiloX

MagicMiloX Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been wondering if I should delete the stock messenger for a while, glad to finally know.

Search tags for this page

android message skins

android text messaging skins
android text skins

android texting skins

message skin for android

message skins for android

messaging skins for android
text message skins android

text skins for android

texting skins