Texting Problems

Cuney20

Reaction score
I've had my thunderbolt for almost a month now and I love it but like every phone it has some problems. One of the most aggravating problems for me comes with the texting. Sometimes when I text, i'll click on the thread of the selected person i want to text, but sometimes the thread that pops up is of a different person i was texting previously. Also, another problem is that if i text someone, ill click on the thread and there is already a previous text message in the input text box that i had already sent. It isnt a draft because i clear my drafts but i continue to get reoccuring messages in my text input box which is aggravation. I just want to know if there are any solutions to this problem that is known. Thank You

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
Hey there this has been a problem for me as well..... however I have found a few things can help(atleast in my experience)
1. Close all the threads in ur messaging suite
2. Clear all the data in your messaging app
To do this.............
Go to your settings menu and then navigate to your applications section. Once in applications you want to choose manage applications. Then you will see a page with tabbed sections and you want to choose the section tabbed all. Then in this section you want to scroll down to messages and choose that. Once in the app you want to force stop and clear the data in the messaging app.
Hope this helps for you!!!!

r06kells

Reaction score
So I just got my Droid Bionic when it came out, and have loved every minute of it up until now. For some reason my texting does not seem to be working and I am not sure whether it is Verizon or if it is the phone. They were working fine all last week and for some reason today I can't seem to send a text message. I called verizon - they had no clue - and I am wondering what my next step should be. I am about to reset factory defaults but would love to avoid it since it is such a pain in the butt.

Any help is appreciated!

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it just not sending them at all, even if you try and resend? Have you tried updating your prl's (*228)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

r06kells

Reaction score
They were not sending at all when I was trying to resend them, and then all at once I got around 10 texts and outbounded around 15 within a 20 second span and then nothing again. I am for sure that it is not a service issue because I called verizon to make sure.

jrhatfield

Reaction score
I got the Bionic the first day it came out and I am having the same problem with texting. It just quits sending or recieving text messages. I don't know when it happens. If I shut the phone off, then turn it back on then I recieve all the messages and it sends all those that were not sent. Good to know I am not the only one.

catrina

Reaction score
Ok so I have had the Bionic for about a week now and I absolutely love it... except, I can't figure out how to change my texting to autocorrect. When I text a word the suggestions come up but if I don't actually click on suggested word it just leaves whatever it is I have misspelled and my texts just look like a big jumble of letters. It's quite frustrating and I would really rather my phone make obscene autocorrects instead of make it look like a third grader is texting. Anyone know how I can fix this??

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
So I got the new M on Thursday. Upgraded from the D2G. It was definitely time. Really liking it. Great call quality and the battery life is a awesome compared to my old phone. The biggest problem? Today I started to have texts issues. At first I wouldn't get a notification. I would look at my phone and see a text. Now, a few hours later it doesn't even seem like texts are coming through.

Ughhhhh. Hope I don't have to go back to the store tomorrow.

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
OK, all seems well now. Go SMS was a carry over from my last phone and I disabled notifications in that. Caused the problem.

The stock texting app is actually pretty good. No need to replace yet. The notification in the circle is cool. No light kind of stinks though.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
OK, all seems well now. Go SMS was a carry over from my last phone and I disabled notifications in that. Caused the problem.

The stock texting app is actually pretty good. No need to replace yet. The notification in the circle is cool. No light kind of stinks though.

My Razr M has a notification light.......it's on the left side of the screen at the very top. Like you, I came from D2G's which had the notification light on the right side.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you guys using smart actions battery extender?? If so this is what's happening..

If its pic messages that is...

If so, your stopping background data sync.. which gets turned back on after the screen is turned on, and it takes a few minutes for pic messages to come through...

Try rebooting the device and see if the messages come through then...

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
My Razr M has a notification light.......it's on the left side of the screen at the very top. Like you, I came from D2G's which had the notification light on the right side.

Yes. All seems fine now. Guess they moved the light to accommodate the front facing camera?

Are you guys using smart actions battery extender?? If so this is what's happening..

If its pic messages that is...

If so, your stopping background data sync.. which gets turned back on after the screen is turned on, and it takes a few minutes for pic messages to come through...

Try rebooting the device and see if the messages come through then...

Thanks. Only using battery extender at night if off charger.