texting problem..need help

rww

Reaction score
Got rid of my iPhone 4s for the Note3. I live in a rural area. I'm having trouble getting my messages to send. Any ideas? My daughter is telling me because I don't have imessage or something. I do have great Wi-Fi signal, but only 1-2 bars of service in my home. Any ideas at all.

EmanP223

Reaction score
So you're tying in the text, choosing the recipient which is showing after 'To' and then clicking the send button to the right of the message? Did you double check to insure that the recipient is put in correctly as a contact? Did you also double check to insure that your carrier shows you as having the ability to text? Even if the recipient was totally wrong, it should still send it.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please elaborate on getting them to send. Are they just not sending? Are you having trouble filling in recipient? Are they not going to iPhones? Are you using a non stock text app? If so, which one?
Texts don't send over WiFi, they send over cdma (phone call network) so if your reception is very weak they might just be waiting for enough signal to send. 1 bar that you said you have should be plenty though.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)

OP
R

rww

Reaction score
It's just not sending the texts. They say either try again or pending. They do eventually go, after multiple tries. I am using the stock texting that came on the phone. The only issue is getting them to send from home. I also think that 1 bar of signal strength would be enough but IDK.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It should be enough but if the local cell is very congested it could be why they're stalling.
Try power off your phone, remove the SIM card and power it back up. Leave it that way for a minute or so, power it back down, put the card back in then power it back on. That might help the system find your phone better, alleviating the delay.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

jsandy

Reaction score
Got rid of my iPhone 4s for the Note3. I live in a rural area. I'm having trouble getting my messages to send. Any ideas? My daughter is telling me because I don't have imessage or something. I do have great Wi-Fi signal, but only 1-2 bars of service in my home. Any ideas at all.

I've got the same problem. 1 bar of 1x where I could get 2 or 3 bars of 3g on my Razr Maxx. The reception on this phone sux. Where the signal is strong it works like a champ with nice features but anywhere there is less than optimal signal I can't text and I haven't dropped this many calls since 2005. Samsung apparently forgot that the primary function of the phone is to communicate.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-note-3/255768-note-3-reception-issues.html

OP
R

rww

Reaction score
I've got the same problem. 1 bar of 1x where I could get 2 or 3 bars of 3g on my Razr Maxx. The reception on this phone sux. Where the signal is strong it works like a champ with nice features but anywhere there is less than optimal signal I can't text and I haven't dropped this many calls since 2005. Samsung apparently forgot that the primary function of the phone is to communicate.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-note-3/255768-note-3-reception-issues.html

The phone is awesome, until I get home. Like I said I do live in a rural area but my past phones performed better than this. I receive a lot of texts from co-workers 24/7 and need this function to work 24/7. I have dropped some calls also. This screen is awesome though!!!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues... Signal area is a big factor with plenty of these phones .. Hope you can get them resolved

N3 tapa

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The phone is awesome, until I get home. Like I said I do live in a rural area but my past phones performed better than this. I receive a lot of texts from co-workers 24/7 and need this function to work 24/7. I have dropped some calls also. This screen is awesome though!!!

Have you tried my suggestion yet?
If it doesn't work the next step would be contact Verizon tech support . There might be an issue with your local cell, you might have a bad SIM card, or a slight possibility that you have a bad phone. At any rate that would be my next suggestion

Support Our Troops!!!
<><