1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

texting not working after ics update

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by arutherford, Jun 30, 2012.

1. arutherford

arutherford New Member

Just updated to ics and I can't open my texting app. I had handcent and uninstalled and then reinstalled it, but it won't open. Same goes for the text messenger that came on the phone, it just shows the progress icon showing its loading. I searched the forum and found someone else was having the same issue and followed the steps provided to fix the problem, didn't work for my phone. Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Try going into manage apps, scroll down to the app, clear data and force close it. Then reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, a fdr will be your next plan of action.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
  3. arutherford

arutherford New Member

First plan of action was unsuccessful. What is a fdr? Guess I will be searching for that on here as well... Thanks.
  4. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad

Factory Data Reset :)
  5. arutherford

arutherford New Member

ah... Thank You! Haha
  6. Blossom151

Blossom151 New Member

I am also having problems being able to send/recieve with my daughters RazR. My Razr Maxx just takes about a minute before it goes thru. But with my daughter's razr after the ICS update, we could not get the texting to work, Go SMS or the stock texting. I made sure the date was on, clear cache, reboot, etc.... finally went ahead and done a FDR, and I still having the same deal. Could it be that the update didn't install correctly? I didn't pay much attention to it as it was updating... I was on the road after it started...
    Should I just try updating it thru the computer? or will that just make things worse?
    So far the only thing with my MaxX was there was no sound for music/alarms, but it would ring...I was able to fix that on my own..couldn't tell you exactly how, but I did it. So so far no more problems with MaxX, it just the texting thing with my daughters RazR...
  7. 94lt1

94lt1 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Blossom...

By text, are you referring to text or a pic? If its text.. try a little experiment, send a text from your phone to hers, and then send a text from her to you... if there's a noticeable delay, that means you have a bad tower connection.. a reboot will solve it for a little while..

If this is the case.. go into system settings, more, mobile networks, network type and strength.. post a screen shot if possible..

But it sounds like a bad tower connection.. do you have strong service where you're at??

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!
Search tags for this page
androi texting not opening
android texting not working
android update text isnt working

android update texting issues

droid motorola razr messaging stopped working after update
droid razr updated now text massage dont work
droid razr wont send texts after new update
messaging not working droid razer
no text notifications after update droid bionic
text message not working after android update
text messaging not working after ice cream sandwich update