Texting Large Groups on Droid

warrior21

Reaction score
using handcent, but i hav no clue how to batch people intoa group
When I want to send a message to more than one person I just hit the plus sign next to where you put in the phone number and my contact list pops up. I check the boxes of who I want to send the message to, hit the back button and it takes me back to the message I want to send. You can also choose a group to send the message to if your contacts are organized like that.

biggs

Reaction score
I use mass text personalizer off market at first a pain to get groups set up but after groups are set up first time works like a charm i missed my BB groups but this is was better then what i had on my Curve so theres one to try for you an see if it is right for you

warrior21

Reaction score
how do u create a group on handcent?
That would be something you would have to do with your contact list, probably on your gmail account. If you open up your gmail account on your pc I believe there is a setting under contacts to set up groups, like family, friends, etc. I'm not sure if you can do it right from your phone but it would definitely be easier from your pc.

lawdog6153

Reaction score
im so sick of the droid, i have to sync it to goole now and them make a groups list on the pc and then sync it to my phone, which i did and it still didnt work!

warrior21

Reaction score
im so sick of the droid, i have to sync it to goole now and them make a groups list on the pc and then sync it to my phone, which i did and it still didnt work!
Do you have the sync button checked in the settings? As soon as you put in a contact, whether it be on the phone itself or the pc it should sync instantly. I had an issue in the beginning but once I got my settings correct I haven't had any problems since.

lawdog6153

Reaction score
its a hassle! is there anyway to just make a group on the phone itself?

warrior21

Reaction score
its a hassle! is there anyway to just make a group on the phone itself?
If there is I don't know how to do it, maybe someone else can chime in on that. For me it's simple to jump on my laptop while watching TV and log into my google account. I can enter mess with my contacts, enter info into my calendar, and it automatically syncs to my phone.

lawdog6153

Reaction score
what if ur not near a pc and u want to add just a group text and save that group for later usage, im fed up with droid, its not user friendly. i guess thats why they have the market. i just wish they could come out with some actual good useable apps

killick

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Why do you prefer ChompSMS? Does Handcent allow users to create a reusable list of text recipients?

warrior21

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Why do you prefer ChompSMS? Does Handcent allow users to create a reusable list of text recipients?
You can hit a button and it brings up your contact list and you can check off who you want to send the text to. I can't really speak for chomp but I love Hancent and can never see changing. Once you learn all the settings and get used to it, hancent will pretty much do everything you need it to