Texting issue with Incredible update to 2.2

DoNotPassGo

Reaction score
This morning I was given the update option for my HTC Incredible and installed it. The first problem I noticed is that my vibrate notification tone has stopped working along with my sound for messages. I've gone back into my settings to check they were both on along with the main sound level and everything checks out.

Also, I'm not liking the new larger "text box"... Anytime I'm typing a message less than two lines long the "correction" bar pops up RIGHT over the button to send the message so I'm required to hit space or the enter key after each message which is kind of an annoyance. Is there any way to change this is anyway?

DavitCNC

Reaction score
Ditto!!

Exact same issues with my Incredable, phone does not vibrate or make any noise when I recieve texts but it is random because every once in awhile it will work properly. I also wish they would move the suggestions so it does not block the send button.

OP
D

DoNotPassGo

Reaction score
For me (I just realized), it will not make any noise if the chat box is already open to the message. If my phone is locked, or does not have "Messaging" open it will notify me. Still really annoying its like this <_<

Also, is it just me, or are the newer "lock code" buttons weird looking compared to the circles before?

TonyS6600

Reaction score
I have the same issue with texting... lack of notification.

Also, my security code fails to show up (sometimes).

zdragon354

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I have the vibrate issue. As, I almost never put my phone on that mode. I do not get the alerts if I have the text message open though. Which is really aggravating. My biggest issue. Is if I send a text to someone it doesn't pull the contact picture for it in the " all messages view ." But, if someone sends me a message it is fine. Also the pictures seem to show up every where else. SMS view, the text widget, the actually text thread, etc. I don't know why but this aggravates the crap out of me.

P.S. I just noticed that we are all newbie's of the forums. It would be nice if a older member would come in here to give some advice or help. If any is known.

zdragon354

Reaction score
It sounds like a touch screen problem to me. Only thing I can think to try is a G-Sensor calibration. If you press menu and then settings on the home screen. Then go to Display and then at the bottom click the calibration tool. Put your phone on a solid surface and then hit calibrate. If this doesn’t work I don’t really know.

I have been playing around since my last post and may have found a fix for some of the issues you guys are having. On the vibrate alert. If you go to the all messages view and click menu then settings. Find and check mark the Vibrate under Received messages. This should allow it to vibrate the alerts. Only thing is you will have to keep doing this if you don't want it to vibrate when your phone sounds is on. I have found if you put it in landscape mode left or right while in a text message. That the alerts will work. But, I guess it is a bug for the portrait mode alerts. Aggravating little bug that is. I hope they fix it soon. As for the contact photo issue I was having. I found if I go through the people app and get to a new text message that way. That it does pull the contact photo into the messenger app. I will just have to get use to a different way. I always just hit new message in the message app. Oh well. Hope this helps yall :)

Edit: Ok I sware someone had posted something about having a keyboard issue. I must be going crazy :p