Texting Issue (SMS to MMS)

Moderns

Reaction score
So i received an update for my phone around a week ago, which i guess added more features, and changed the 'theme' of the phone and some apps. (I'm sure you know what I am talking about, since(hopefully)everyone else got the update)

Anyways, I use to be able to send 6 page texts, and never had this happen, not even with any other past phone. Now I can't even get this(the length of that sentence), to fit with out it saying "Converted to MMS".

Now I've googled, went through every settings in the phone that I could, and cannot find an answer. I'd like to avoid calling/visiting Verizon, so that is why I am posting here.
HELP! It's so annoying.
Thank you.

Also, as you can see I am new to this site, and if I have "violated" any of the rules, I am sorry. Just looking to fix this issue asap.

OP
M

Moderns

Reaction score
No one has a way to solve this? It's quite annoying.

OP
M

Moderns

Reaction score
Seriously no one has this problem or knows how to fix it??

jayetruth

Reaction score
Moderns said:
Seriously no one has this problem or knows how to fix it??

If youre sending to more than one person it converts. Ypu can try chomp or handcent inatead

OP
M

Moderns

Reaction score
It is only one person. I'm just trying to send a simple text message, nothing else. I installed GOSMSpro and it fixes it, but i'd like to not have it.

Agenerallee

Reaction score
Texting issue

I am also having this issue after upgrade to ice cream. The text message gets changed to MMS after about 45 characters and then fails to send saying "invalid address". I could not find any settings to change this so I finally called Verizon support. The tech logged into my phone and looked around and could not find any strange settings. I was told to do a reset to factory defaults to fix issue. I asked if he was sure this would fix the issue and could not get any guarantee. He said they would replace the phone if it didn't. I really don't want to go through all the work of restoring all the apps and so on if this is not going to fix the issue.