1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Texting Issue (SMS to MMS)

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by Moderns, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Moderns

Moderns New Member

So i received an update for my phone around a week ago, which i guess added more features, and changed the 'theme' of the phone and some apps. (I'm sure you know what I am talking about, since(hopefully)everyone else got the update)

Anyways, I use to be able to send 6 page texts, and never had this happen, not even with any other past phone. Now I can't even get this(the length of that sentence), to fit with out it saying "Converted to MMS".

Now I've googled, went through every settings in the phone that I could, and cannot find an answer. I'd like to avoid calling/visiting Verizon, so that is why I am posting here.
    HELP! It's so annoying.
    Thank you.

Also, as you can see I am new to this site, and if I have "violated" any of the rules, I am sorry. Just looking to fix this issue asap.
  2. Moderns

Moderns New Member

No one has a way to solve this? It's quite annoying.
  3. Moderns

Moderns New Member

Seriously no one has this problem or knows how to fix it??
  4. jayetruth

jayetruth New Member

If youre sending to more than one person it converts. Ypu can try chomp or handcent inatead
  5. Moderns

Moderns New Member

It is only one person. I'm just trying to send a simple text message, nothing else. I installed GOSMSpro and it fixes it, but i'd like to not have it.
  6. Agenerallee

Agenerallee New Member

Texting issue

I am also having this issue after upgrade to ice cream. The text message gets changed to MMS after about 45 characters and then fails to send saying "invalid address". I could not find any settings to change this so I finally called Verizon support. The tech logged into my phone and looked around and could not find any strange settings. I was told to do a reset to factory defaults to fix issue. I asked if he was sure this would fix the issue and could not get any guarantee. He said they would replace the phone if it didn't. I really don't want to go through all the work of restoring all the apps and so on if this is not going to fix the issue.
Search tags for this page
android sms changes to mms fix s3

change mms to sms on galaxy s3

converting sms to mms android solution
droid phone text message converted to mms message
galaxy s3 converting text to mms
how to change mms to sms on galaxy s3

how to change mms to sms on samsung galaxy s3

how to change text settings on galaxy s3 from text to mms
how to switch from mms to sms on galaxy s3

s3 converts sms to mms

samsung galaxy s3 sms to mms