Texting - Incorrect Contact Name

shutupandsign

Reaction score
When I text people my Droid starts telling me that it's one contact when it's actually another. I can reboot my phone and it fixes the problem temporarily but this problem is annoying. I have to verify the contact and their phone number in my contact list then verify it with my text message. If it's not the right person, I can't go through all my contacts to figure out who it really is. It works both ways - either I send a text to one contact and it goes to another or in receiving texts it says it's from one contact and is actually from another.

How do I fix this problem? This is my second Droid 2 Global. The last one did the same thing, among other problems, and Verizon gave me a new one. But now this one is doing this again. Is it because I have too many contacts in my phone book??

OP
S

shutupandsign

Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong to not get a response?? If I'm not clear - let me know and I will try to explain further!!

kickasz23

Reaction score
I had the same problem on another phone I had I had to restore it to first boot

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

M

Mwsr

Mine does same thing it can't be fixed. Verizon has it listed as a known problem.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
S

shutupandsign

Reaction score
Hmmm, how do you do that?? It's my second phone that's done this... I'd rather not have to reload all of my apps, calendar appts, etc. But I'm willing to do it if it's the only solution!!

M

Mwsr

IV had 5 or so fascinates and they all did it. I did the resets and everything else Verizon said and never stopped doing it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, how do you do that?? It's my second phone that's done this... I'd rather not have to reload all of my apps, calendar appts, etc. But I'm willing to do it if it's the only solution!!

I just told you how to do it. Press settings. Privacy Section. Factory Data Reset.

It will bring your phone back to stock, apps will restore on their own.

Oh and before you do that remove any task killers or virus protection you might have.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IV had 5 or so fascinates and they all did it. I did the resets and everything else Verizon said and never stopped doing it.

Then you've got an issue in your contacts. Text works like this. It looks for a number that says mobil. If it's set for something else like home or business it won't call it.

Best thing to do is go to your gmail account on line with a computer. Work with your contacts that way. Place the ones you want to show on your contact list by selecting "my contacts," Make sure all numbers for their cell phones are set to mobil.

You can also check for duplicate contacts while you're in there as well.

OP
S

shutupandsign

Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot of work. I have about 600 contacts in my phone and now it's automatically put all of my facebook contacts in there so another 600.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if Verizon will make a fix for it so I don't have to do that.... I have better things to do on Spring Break :)

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
Well Isn't this an odd issue

As kickasz23 said I think the only way your gonna fix this easily is
restore a backup or SBF or even the factory reset might work as Mr Hookbill said.
It sounds to me like it might have something to do with having your facebook contacts on Auto cause mine don't
do that and I have had no problems I have people's numbers set to home, mobile, etc...

but hey I'm no expert.:) Goodluck with this

Last edited: