Texting Apps

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
What are the good texting apps that I should try???

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The most popular are GoSms and Handcent and both are very similar in how they work, customization and options. I used to use GoSms but am now using sliding messaging. It is a bit different in the ui but fun. Try any of them out for a few days, see what you like and uninstall what you don't like. Don't be surprised if there are questions about any (such as “how do I get rid of double text notifications"). Usually there is a simple solution and we can help with the answer.

sent from my Note2 using tapatalk 4 beta

turbodave

Reaction score
Why bloat your phone with more junk apps it doesn't need? I find the texting app that came with the phone to be just fine. It almost never makes a mistake when I'm dictating to it.

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
Why bloat your phone with more junk apps it doesn't need? I find the texting app that came with the phone to be just fine. It almost never makes a mistake when I'm dictating to it.

My OG app has been showing me for over three months that I have new texts when I have opened every message and scrolled through my entire message history with that person. (Idk if that makes sense but I have another thread where I think I explained it better.)
So b/c of that I was thinking about finally trying out some other apps.

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
I would recommend chomp SMS. Best SMS app I've used. So much so that I paid for the pro version

sessca09

Reaction score
Is there a texting app that lets you see if you are able see if the person you are texting read your message besides handcent?

missbeca03

Reaction score
My OG app has been showing me for over three months that I have new texts when I have opened every message and scrolled through my entire message history with that person. (Idk if that makes sense but I have another thread where I think I explained it better.)
So b/c of that I was thinking about finally trying out some other apps.

I have a lot of problems with my texting. In fact my first post on this forum was on my texting issues. Its terrible. I just want to be able to text and not have issues

kokishin

Reaction score
A few days ago, I tried Verizon Messages: Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless, So far, I like it. For the record, I am no fan of Verizon apps and never use them. Verizon Messages is the lone exception. The features I really like are: the Jelly Bean color emoji support, the ability to attach more than a single pic to a (mms) text message, and that it syncs to the Verizon web app on my PC. Prior to installing Verizon Messages, I tried google hangouts but was not impressed. Before hangouts, I was using the stock app.

missbeca03

Reaction score
A few days ago, I tried Verizon Messages: Verizon Messages - Verizon Wireless, So far, I like it. For the record, I am no fan of Verizon apps and never use them. Verizon Messages is the lone exception. The features I really like are: the Jelly Bean color emoji support, the ability to attach more than a single pic to a (mms) text message, and that it syncs to the Verizon web app on my PC. Prior to installing Verizon Messages, I tried google hangouts but was not impressed. Before hangouts, I was using the stock app.

I tried hangouts and quickly disabled it. I'll have to try the Verizon messages

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I'm ,like you, usually loathe Verizon apps but switched to Verizon Messages a few months back for its ability to sync with my tablets. If I'm using a tablet, no more answering or sending texts/mms via my phone. I initially switched to have something I could customize more than the stock app but without the bloat of so many others but quickly came to appreciate the sync feature.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
s pen aholic in Beast Mode (Notetoo)