1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Texting applications

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by spotspid, Dec 14, 2011.

1. spotspid

spotspid New Member

Hey guys. I am completely brand new at this I've read forums for a while and love it it helps me with a lot of my problems. I finally made an account because I have two droids and an itouch and somehow always run into software issues that aren't my fault. So I just switched back over to my Samsung Droid Charge. Most people on here know it just got the The update and that's why I switched back is it loads a lot faster for me now. Anyways, I have about 70 threads for my messages and tried deleting them.. all that happens when I do is it sends a thread from that contact and number to the bottom of my messages and has an empty thread I can't delete. I've tried everything I can think of. It says the messages are from Dec 31 1969 for some reason??? I read about someone else having that issue but I have a ton of apps on my phone that are no longer on the market and don't wanna restore it.. is there any other way to fix this issue? I know someone will tell me to try this So I'll put it out there that I have, I've already tried using 3 different applications to delete the messages. Including my stock application. It doesn't give me errors or anything, it deletes the messages but puts the date on them and moves it to the bottom of my messages and it's annoying. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I use Handcent and when I want to delete a thread I long press it and a menu pops up with several options, one being Delete. I just deleted one from Verizon. It went away.

I think you said up there that you are using 3 different texting apps. Have you made one of them the default app and then tried to delete a thread?

Also, when in Handcent if you hit the menu key, you will see Delete Threads, that deletes all the threads which you may not want to do.

If you are forced to do a reset, follow these instructions in Post 3 of the thread.
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-tech-issues/183304-text-messages.html
    Post 3
    Google will back up your phone and then restore it after the reset. But that might back up the problem too. So I would uninstall the two non stock apps first. You can get them back from the market later.

You can also get Astro File Manager and back up all your apps to the SD card where they will be available after the Reset as well. And of course, if you are rooted and have Titanium Back up you will not even have to go to the Market afterward.

Good Luck
Search tags for this page
best apps for samsung droid charge

samsung text app