Texting App

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Does anybody no of an app that will allow me to text ppl without using my real cell number?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

csimo

Reaction score
Does anybody no of an app that will allow me to text ppl without using my real cell number?

Google Voice. Get a GV number and texting is FREE.

-Joe

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Thanks I will give it a try

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
How do I text and when I go to the setting it shows my cell how do I get a free number so I don't have to text with my real number

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Anybody

csimo

Reaction score
If you get a Google Voice number and use the Google Voice app then when you text from that app you will be using your Google Voice number which is not your regular cell number. The texts will come from, and to your Google Voice number.
In my case I have three different phone numbers on my Droid X. Each are completely separate.

So Google Voice should be the solution to the issue you posted.

If you instead simply want to send anonymous text messages there are a variety of them on the web. They are one way only... in other words you can send an anonymous text message, but you would not receive any reply. Google Voice resolves this issue.

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
But how do I get a google voice phone number im so lost rite now I have the app and I don't even see a place to send text if I wanted to.

Reaction score
Another alternate is TextFree. It recently became available but is for texting only - unlike GV which you can also use for calls.

A

abn75

Getting the gv number is easy. Go on the web, search google voice, sign up.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2

Mont

Reaction score
I just went to the app and was able to text easily to myself and the recieving number is my GV number.

I would sign up on the site first then register with the app im guessing. I been using it for a month now, I don't remember doing anything special

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Thankyou I was trying to do it from my app this whole time

OP
Lady_DroidX

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
Another alternate is TextFree. It recently became available but is for texting only - unlike GV which you can also use for calls.

Thanks tried the app an enjoy it alot it needs some work but other then that its great

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
I mostly like Handcent. But I can't believe you still have to switch from wifi to data to get pictures/videos. I'm ready to either go back to stock or another 3rd party app.

What text app do you use? Thoughts?

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I think that's the way most if not all txting apps are, text plus doesn't but u can't send videos and animated pics dong work either I haven't found one that can work on wifi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

PurpleSunday

Reaction score
On my wife's LG Lucid, pics/videos needed data on Handcent, but came through on wifi with the stock messaging app.