Text vibrate question

mdb1156

Reaction score
Hey guys I know this is probably a dumb question, but when I put the phone on vibrate it puts everything that isn't a phone call on silent. Is there a way to have all notifications/texts vibrate as well when the phone is in vibrate mode?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jnyce

Reaction score
I too can't seem to solve this problem either. I too would appreciate any help or advice
anyone may have on:

Hey guys I know this is probably a dumb question, but when I put the phone on vibrate it puts everything that isn't a phone call on silent. Is there a way to have all notifications/texts vibrate as well when the phone is in vibrate mode?

Zennmaster

Reaction score

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go into your messaging/email app, hit Menu -> Settings, scroll to "Notification settings" and select "Vibrate".

I haven't tried this, but I was just poking around the menus. and the option looks like what you want.

Have fun!

Silverwing

Reaction score
On vibrate, the phone won't vibrate for text messages. If you set the volume to any level, it will vibrate though. Bug or what?

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
There is an app caled missed call by anno it is free and allows different vibrates and leds for all type of notifications sms mms email calls. Different vibrate pulses and durations as well as different led colors it is a really good app

pattont

Reaction score
Should I really have to get a 3rd party app for this? The option is enabled on my device and still doesn't vibrate. I shouldn't have to get this 'missed call' for my phone to vibrate on sms.

ckenn00

Reaction score
Found a fix!

After reading countless forums and having no luck with the proper settings in place I stumbled upon an app in the market called "Smart Vibrator". Go get it! My Droid now vibrates for text messages when phone is set to vibrate.
Hope this helps everybody. Sure did for me. :icon_ banana:

m21knight

Reaction score
FIX: Google isnt stupid

For all of those people who think that the people over at google are stupid, here is how you set your phone to vibrate when you recieve a sms or email. (Without a 3rd party app.)

SMS: Open the messaging app, press the menu button, press "settings", at the bottom there are 3 notification settings one of them is "vibrate" select that option.

Email: Email is pretty much the same as above, open each one of your email clients and do the same process. I use gmail and a school IMAP.

I have tested this out and it works both on vibrate mode and in normal ring mode.

"Oh ye of little faith..."

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
You also have vibration settings built into Handcent (what i consider the most feature rich messaging app on the market) and its free. Even the ability to create custom vibration patterns.

Handcent can have issues sometimes. It still needs work, but the customization is worth the hassle of restarting it (using task killer) if it starts to act weird sometimes.

dacama

Reaction score
For all of those people who think that the people over at google are stupid, here is how you set your phone to vibrate when you recieve a sms or email. (Without a 3rd party app.)

SMS: Open the messaging app, press the menu button, press "settings", at the bottom there are 3 notification settings one of them is "vibrate" select that option.

Email: Email is pretty much the same as above, open each one of your email clients and do the same process. I use gmail and a school IMAP.

I have tested this out and it works both on vibrate mode and in normal ring mode.

Sigh, you don't understand. We don't want it to vibrate in EVERY mode...just when the phone is in vibrate mode. Think of it as the Vibrate profile on a blackberry...understand now? For this reason, it's stupid NOT to have it built into the phone.

SwordOfWar

Reaction score

Sigh, you don't understand. We don't want it to vibrate in EVERY mode...just when the phone is in vibrate mode. Think of it as the Vibrate profile on a blackberry...understand now? For this reason, it's stupid NOT to have it built into the phone.

Handcent SMS has an option for either way, I believe. I prefer my phone to always vibrate though. I don't always hear the ringer in my pocket, especially the short ones I use for text alerts.

Vibrate + ring, vibrate and silent are the only profiles I ever use.

A

anonydroid

krikey

SMS: Open the messaging app, press the menu button, press "settings", at the bottom there are 3 notification settings one of them is "vibrate"..

Okay, key detail to include. If your message app opens into an existing thread, you will NOT SEE notification on the menu. Delete the thread first. That will take you out to the list of threads screen. ONLY THERE will you find this magical vibration setting when you press menu. I am a PhD in comp science and engineering, and this was confusing to me. I was about to return the Droid for warranty work. Sheesh.