Text Transfer, deactivated phone

musclemarketing

Reaction score
So basically we got a replacement phone, and in my ignorance transferred everything (pictures, video, music, contacts, etc) I assumed that the text messaging was on the SD card. Apparently not. When we activated the replacement phone, no texts. So I have found threads with applications and programs that will let you transfer the texts while the phone is still active (which I tried to reactivate the phone, but I can't) so are there any ways that I can get the texts messages off the phone without it being active?

Rocko

Reaction score
You can reactivate the old phone if you have it, install a backup sms app, back them up and reactivate the new phone, but if the old phone is out of your possession, you are out of luck, sorry.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Are the old texts worth the effort involved to get them back?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
I don't know if this would work, but try just finding an application to do the move, download the .apk file from the internet, install it on the old, and move the texts to the new...

OP
M

musclemarketing

Reaction score
Hopefully that will make more sense as it goes along. I wil give it a shot! Thanks!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you've got wifi go get an app called SMS backup, it will save them to your Gmail, go to Gmail and forward them to your new phone

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

OP
M

musclemarketing

Reaction score
will the wifi work with the phone deactivated? It didn't seem to do much. I will try it though...