Text to voice

VinGovoni

Reaction score
I am wondering if the Droid has a feature where if I get a text message, I can hit a button and it will read the message to me. Also, I have voice caller ID but when a call comes in it never announces who the call if from. Thanks for any help

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not sure about your questions....but you might want to take your cell number out of your profile.....

bazeven

Reaction score
I'm looking for the same thing - Text to Speech for not only text messages but also emails. What is the best app for this on the Droid?

GeneRs

Reaction score
I am wondering if the Droid has a feature where if I get a text message, I can hit a button and it will read the message to me. Also, I have voice caller ID but when a call comes in it never announces who the call if from. Thanks for any help

If you're looking for an app that will read text to you, try Handcent SMS. Works great and you can adjust the speech rate. Only drawback is that you have to highlight the text and choose "Speek Text" everytime you get a new message. Handcent is absolutely the best SMS app out there.