1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

text to speech

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by twilson9488, Feb 10, 2013.

1. twilson9488

twilson9488 New Member

I’m a previous iPhone user, one feature of the iPhone I really need on the android is “text to speech”. On the iPhone when text highlight (as if to copy) in any app, next to the copy/cut icon would also appear a speak icon. I know there is something in accessibility but what I noticed it speaks everything, I don't want to speak everything just what I highlight in the app. I don't mind if I have to buy an app to do this.
  2. Miller6386

Miller6386 Developer Developer

I believe that is one of the "Apple" patents and no one else can utilize that exact feature.... I know there are some apps that you can paste stuff into and it will narrate it for you but as far as I know it's not available as an option with the copy menu....
  3. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t New Member

Just out of curiosity, but what is a good use for this feature? To help pronounce words or something?

Also you can try a different keyboard, maybe they'll have something similar that won't violate a patent...
Search tags for this page
galaxy s3 speech to text

galaxy s3 text to speech

galaxy s3 text to voice
how to make gs3 talk highlighted text
how to speech to tex samsung s3
how to use text to speech galaxy s3

samsung galaxy s3 text to speech

samsung s3 text to speech

speech to text s 3
speech to text samsung s3
text to speech for samsung galaxy s3