text to speech voice change? Navigator voice..

Hotwire

Reaction score
Couldn't find anything remotely close when doing the search, not sure if I was using the right context or not.

I can understand the voice in Navigator, but some things escape me. Are there any aftermarket voices / apps I can install to improve the clarity? I've been in the text to speech setting and changed to british in hope it will pronounce things a little clearer. I have an unrooted X.

I know the X isn't an end all do all, have a garmin gps that you can download a multitude of voices, just thought the feature would be cool on our phones.

QUESTION: Are there any available "voices" for download / app that I can install on my phone?

Thanks in Advance!

Jeff

illmatic636

Reaction score
+1

Couldn't find anything remotely close when doing the search, not sure if I was using the right context or not.

I can understand the voice in Navigator, but some things escape me. Are there any aftermarket voices / apps I can install to improve the clarity? I've been in the text to speech setting and changed to british in hope it will pronounce things a little clearer. I have an unrooted X.

I know the X isn't an end all do all, have a garmin gps that you can download a multitude of voices, just thought the feature would be cool on our phones.

QUESTION: Are there any available "voices" for download / app that I can install on my phone?

Thanks in Advance!

Jeff

Yes.. bumpity bump on this topic. That chicks voice is doo doo. For lack of a better word.

OP
H

Hotwire

Reaction score
I slowed the dialect down in the text to speech settings and it seemed to help a little. Still would like to learn how to load a different voice.

OP
H

Hotwire

Reaction score
Does the text to voice work on the regular Droid and if so, how do you get it to work?

Don't know. To access it on the X, on the home menu I press the menu button, select settings, then scroll down to the bottom of the settings window, select Text-to-Speech, then changed the speech rate to slow. I also changed the language to British-English, but it hasn't made a difference in the navigator.

wlScorpion

Reaction score
The only one I know of is SVOX in the market. You can download the Classic Text to Speech and hear examples before you buy ($1.99 USD each). IMO, it sounds better than the stock Pico TTS languages.