Text to Speech but not really?

thecrunkness

Reaction score
I was pretty excited when the new update came out and made my life easier by adding the TTS service to the android keyboard.

However, my joy was shortlived. I get these "Error. Please try again" messages over and over again when I hit that little microphone. It seems like the only way to fix it is to reboot my phone.

Anyone else experience this problem also? or maybe have an answer for it?

And yes all of my tts services are like that even the google search bar

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was pretty excited when the new update came out and made my life easier by adding the TTS service to the android keyboard.

However, my joy was shortlived. I get these "Error. Please try again" messages over and over again when I hit that little microphone. It seems like the only way to fix it is to reboot my phone.

First do a battery pull for a full 30 seconds. When that fails (I think it will but try it anyway) then go to settings/privacy/factory data reset.

OP
thecrunkness

thecrunkness

Reaction score

First do a battery pull for a full 30 seconds. When that fails (I think it will but try it anyway) then go to settings/privacy/factory data reset.

I think this actually started happening after I did the factory reset so don't know if I want to risk losign everything aga:/

OP
thecrunkness

thecrunkness

Reaction score
and it also fixes the problem after I reinstall Google Voice

how does that affect my TTS that's not affiliated with Google?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"shrug" don't know. As far as doing a factory data reset goes and causing the problem if it does it again then it's time for a replacement phone. I don't know what else to tell you.