Text on Lock Screen

Jcnear

Reaction score
I have searched around a bit, but have unable to find an answer (I may be wording it wrong..). I'm looking for an app that allows me to completely read a text on the lock screen and then answer the text without having to unlock the phone. Anyone have any idea of an app that allows this?

Thanks.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Check into WidgetLocker or GOTO Lockscreen. They don't really let you read and reply from the lockscreen but you can go directly to your text message app from there..

OP
J

Jcnear

Reaction score
Check into WidgetLocker or GOTO Lockscreen. They don't really let you read and reply from the lockscreen but you can go directly to your text message app from there..

Yeah.. I've tried those. Close, but no cigar. I just hate having to go through the lock screen. I've tried the app No Lock, which bypassed the whole lock screen, but I did not like how open it left my phone.

Any other ideas?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
With Handcent you can have text messages pop up on your screen and you can reply from the popup. This works on your lock screen.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

Jcnear

Reaction score
With Handcent you can have text messages pop up on your screen and you can reply from the popup. This works on your lock screen.

Really? I had Handcent for a little while and never saw this option. I guess I am going to have to re-download that and give it another look.

Thanks.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score
The popup is under notifications settings. Whenever your phone goes off just turn on the screen and the popup will be right there on your lock screen.

mamawm

Reaction score
yep, handcent is the way to go. i use that feature all the time.

oops, my bad. handcent does not put is on the lock screen, just the homepage.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jcnear

Reaction score
The popup is under notifications settings. Whenever your phone goes off just turn on the screen and the popup will be right there on your lock screen.

So I went through the settings in Handcent and made sure that under notifications, the setting that says "Show When Locked" is checked. I sent myself a text and still no popup on the lock screen.. any help?

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

So I went through the settings in Handcent and made sure that under notifications, the setting that says "Show When Locked" is checked. I sent myself a text and still no popup on the lock screen.. any help?

What lock screen are you using?

OP
J

Jcnear

Reaction score

My Droid is rooted and I'm using the Liberty theme. I am just using a slide unlock. The only thing that is different is that the slide is curved instead of straight.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

My Droid is rooted and I'm using the Liberty theme. I am just using a slide unlock. The only thing that is different is that the slide is curved instead of straight.

Im using the stock rom so I can't really test it on Liberty, but I just set up handcent and tested it, and on the stock rom when I get a text it automatically turns on my screen and the popup is right there.

OP
J

Jcnear

Reaction score
Well I have no idea... I've messed around with all the settings and no luck.

Im using the stock rom so I can't really test it on Liberty, but I just set up handcent and tested it, and on the stock rom when I get a text it automatically turns on my screen and the popup is right there.

DrFeelgood

Reaction score

I would suggest using a lock screen replacement and Handcent together and see if that works.

OP
J

Jcnear

Reaction score

I would suggest using a lock screen replacement and Handcent together and see if that works.

There it is. I installed Widget Locker and now I get the popups on my Lock Screen. Thanks you so much!