Text notifications

leakim13

Reaction score
I use handcent for texting, and I have since day one with my d2. Turned all notifications off with native app. No issues at all, that is until two days ago. I downloaded a ringtone app and boom double notifications. Settings in native messaging app all turned off but I am still getting notified by it. I have uninstalled the ringtone app cleared messaging app data rebooted... Nothing is fixing it...

Thoughts?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Bueller?

lizard

Reaction score
I started getting dupes from the native app also. I am rooted so I just froze the native app with titanium backup.

Found Mms.apk on root of sdcard. Don't know how it got there or why. Deleted it. Kept native app froze. Ok now.

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Mms.apk on root of sd card also (deleted it) but accidentally Uninstalled "messaging" through titanium and I can't get it back, and I'm still getting the notifications they are just blank... Soooooooo annoying.

HELP!

pool_shark

Reaction score
I started getting dupes from the native app also. I am rooted so I just froze the native app with titanium backup.

Found Mms.apk on root of sdcard. Don't know how it got there or why. Deleted it. Kept native app froze. Ok now.

I've read that if the native app is gone you can't send MMS.
Is it the same if it's frozen?

BTW, I also use handcent, I don't get notifications from stock.

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
I didn't get double notifications until I downloaded that app. I can still send and receive sms and mms without mms.apk (weird) and I still get the notifications one from native and I've from handcent... The native notification is "empty" and unclickable... Grrrrrr

pool_shark

Reaction score
Get rid of the ringtone app and see if you get get the notifications.

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Its gone, mms.apk is gone so "messaging" is gone, fixed permissions, zipaligned, cleared cache, rebooted, still getting native notification along with handcent one but there is NO native app.... Very odd.

lizard

Reaction score
I still have Mms.apk in the rom which is unzipped on the root of the card. The Mms.apk I was referring to was all by itself on the root like an app with the square green smiley face bubble icon. The native app I froze was only the text messaging 2.2 one. I did not freeze Mms.apk because all the dupes I was getting showed up in my notification bar as the black and white envelope. Also, I used to run handcent as part of rom package but I screwed something up, another long story, and just decided to download and install handcent from the market and that's how it works now.

I've read that if the native app is gone you can't send MMS.
Is it the same if it's frozen?

BTW, I also use handcent, I don't get notifications from stock.

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Cleared data, cleared cache, loaded liberty again, mms is back, notifications in native app all off, still getting double notifications. Wtf

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Been rooted from day one, running liberty since it came out.

If I click on either notification it takes me to handcent.... Really trilling me out.... I'm certainly not a newb

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Still happening....

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

OP
L

leakim13

Reaction score
Crazy phone, changed nothing and it stopped.

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

carlosclarkmd

Reaction score
Is there any way to have a audio notification for receiving text messages but NOT have the body of your text pop up on your home screen? I've enabled audio notification but when I disable the onscreen visual notification then the audio stops working. :icon_evil: