text msg that cant be opened with odd date

velocity

Reaction score
i got a text from a number that i know that just said it was a multimedia message. i cant open it and the date said it was received on 12/31/69.. what is this msg and did the person actually mean to text me but the msg got screwed up?

OP
V

velocity

Reaction score
i got a text (new multimedia msg rather) that i cant open. it has a weird date also 12/31/69.. id assume it was just a glitch but i received it from someone i haven't spoken to in a long time. i dont have the contact saved but i remember the number. did this person mean to contact me or was it just a glitch?

jloya

Reaction score
your being contacted by the past to worn you about the future...

lol in all seriousness its probably a glitch, ive read about it a few times with people receiving texts from the 60's

aDroidman

Reaction score
Lol I would say it could be both..... they might have contacted you and your phone freaked out or it could be a glitch but glitches couldn't have known that you new the number......

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Sounds like there was an error somewhere between your friend's phone and yours, and believe me that's a lot of space for an error to occur. Since you said you know the number have them do a battery pull on their phone, you do one on yours, turn everything back on and try it again. Make sure that you give a minimum of 5 minutes of downtime when you pull those batteries. If that doesn't help then your friend may need to reprogram their phone (Assuming that's where the problem lies, which it may or may not be.)

Make sure next time you post to include what make and model of phone you're using, and if possible the same for the other phone, details make all the difference for us to be able to help you.

OP
V

velocity

Reaction score
Sounds like there was an error somewhere between your friend's phone and yours, and believe me that's a lot of space for an error to occur. Since you said you know the number have them do a battery pull on their phone, you do one on yours, turn everything back on and try it again. Make sure that you give a minimum of 5 minutes of downtime when you pull those batteries. If that doesn't help then your friend may need to reprogram their phone (Assuming that's where the problem lies, which it may or may not be.)

Make sure next time you post to include what make and model of phone you're using, and if possible the same for the other phone, details make all the difference for us to be able to help you.

thanks for the response but since this is the droid incredible tech issues forum i didnt bother listing the make and model. pulling the batteries on the phones is not an option because i havent spoken with this person in a long time. i didnt have their number saved but i recognized it. i just dont want to respond to the msg and then be forced to talk to the person if they really didnt mean to send the msg.

morsecode191

Reaction score
I had the same thing on my phone earlier today (same phone) but I just went to look and it's gone now. Sorry I can't provide help, just thought it was odd that I wasn't the only one to get it.

Steve Crouse

Reaction score
I just got the same multimedia text message from 'anonymous' it says dated 12/31/1969. dancedroid

rj2jennings

Reaction score
If u notice, these texts come right after you get a Voicemail. It happens when u don't have visual voice mail. Get some kind of vm app to stop them. Thank you Verizon.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JackieO

Reaction score
I am getting these messages out of nowhere! I can't delete them, open them, anything.... they only go away if I turn the phone off completely and then back on again. And then who knows when another decides to pop up.... And I'm not getting them at all in relation to missing a voicemail.

Reaction score
Check your system date. Does it say 1969? I just had this problem with my Wife's D1.

Boot into safe mode - (while powered off hold the menu key on the keyboard and press the power button. Hold them both until you see the droid eye)

Then reset your date/time settings. If it is set to automatic then uncheck automatic and set to a manual date. Wait a few min (reboot if you like) then you should be able to go back in and check automatic again.

That fixed my wife's issue.