text msg that cant be opened with odd date

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by velocity, Nov 19, 2010.

1. velocity

velocity New Member

i got a text from a number that i know that just said it was a multimedia message. i cant open it and the date said it was received on 12/31/69.. what is this msg and did the person actually mean to text me but the msg got screwed up?
  2. technogeek1984

technogeek1984 New Member

Sounds like there was an error somewhere between your friend's phone and yours, and believe me that's a lot of space for an error to occur. Since you said you know the number have them do a battery pull on their phone, you do one on yours, turn everything back on and try it again. Make sure that you give a minimum of 5 minutes of downtime when you pull those batteries. If that doesn't help then your friend may need to reprogram their phone (Assuming that's where the problem lies, which it may or may not be.)

Make sure next time you post to include what make and model of phone you're using, and if possible the same for the other phone, details make all the difference for us to be able to help you.
  3. velocity

velocity New Member

thanks for the response but since this is the droid incredible tech issues forum i didnt bother listing the make and model. pulling the batteries on the phones is not an option because i havent spoken with this person in a long time. i didnt have their number saved but i recognized it. i just dont want to respond to the msg and then be forced to talk to the person if they really didnt mean to send the msg.
  4. morsecode191

morsecode191 New Member

I had the same thing on my phone earlier today (same phone) but I just went to look and it's gone now. Sorry I can't provide help, just thought it was odd that I wasn't the only one to get it.
Search tags for this page
annonymous text cannot read

anonymous multimedia message 12/31/69

anonymous multimedia message htc merge
anonymous picture message from 12/31/69
cant open texts on htc incredible
cant open unknown text messages
droid incredible cant open messages
htc incredibal cant view multimedia
htc incredible anonymous text messages
received annonymous text but cant read it
why cant i open text message thread on htc