text messaging

Anthony1924

Reaction score
when making a new text how do you send it to more than one person. after putting in the first name i can't figure out how to add another name. with the first name i'll type in the first few letters of the contact name then it will give me choices of names of contacts. if i try to type in another name it won't give me choices

GotnFX

Reaction score
Anthony once you type and see the name touch it. It should appear on the top and then a comma will show up for the next name

OP
A

Anthony1924

Reaction score
that works for only some of my contacts others ill type their name in and the contact won't come up. like, ill type in Ricky and this will pop up
ricky (74259). instead of ricky < 330 888 8907>. its like the name isn't in my contacts but i know it is.

GotnFX

Reaction score
If you look at a phone, you know how the numbers have letters above them..Ricky is 74259..edit Ricky's number by putting the number 1 before the area code...see if that works..all my numbers have a 1 first

mcm180

Reaction score
Anthony....please let us know if that worked 4 you!

Diocat

Reaction score
that works for only some of my contacts others ill type their name in and the contact won't come up. like, ill type in Ricky and this will pop up
ricky (74259). instead of ricky < 330 888 8907>. its like the name isn't in my contacts but i know it is.

This was my issue as well but my issue was that the contact's mobile number was labeled as "Home" under the contact list. Once I changed the label to "Mobile" it showed up just fine when I started typing their name in the "To:" box.

Hope it helps / works for you.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Diocat..didnt even think about that one..that has to be it!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Diocat..didnt even think about that one..that has to be it!

Bet it is...I had the same issue until I changed the tag on the numbers to Mobile....

kdw11005

Reaction score
I was having issues with this when I first got the droid too. I've never had a smartphone before and I have never felt so dumb trying to figure it out...I suggest getting chomp SMS in the market (it's free), it helped me so much...it will bring up the list of your contacts to select when you are forwarding.

ScottToler

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to change my name in the text message application from "Me" to be my real name? Thanks

anDROID18

Reaction score
does anyone know how to space down without going to the end of the bar
so i can make it look like this

example: HI
HELLO

Diocat

Reaction score

HELLO

Shift+Enter on the slide out keyboard does this for me. I'm still not sure how to do it with the on-screen keyboard though. :(

Diocat

Reaction score

HELLO

Shift+Enter on the slide out keyboard does this for me. I'm still not sure how to do it with the on-screen keyboard though. :(

should be the same, You just can't hit it at the same time ;)

So Shift then Send? Am I blind and not see an enter key (or a way to hit enter) on the onscreen keyboard? Long-click on something? I know in other applications (not the messaging program) the smiley button is an enter key but I have tried many combos to get a carriage return on the on screen keyboard in the messaging app with no luck. :(