text messaging threads

colten

Reaction score
I am a newbie. Can i down load text message threads to my computer from my android X ?

OP
C

colten

Reaction score
Thanks I will give it a try. Does my computer need anything special to accept it?

companionlink

Reaction score
Nope, this particular app works by syncing the data with Google. If you'd like other options, there are other apps (like SMS Backup & Restore) that store the backups as an XML file, which can be read on a computer. A search for "SMS Backup" in the Marketplace will show you even more options, if you like.

- David Z

OP
C

colten

Reaction score
Thanks. I have a question. it saved all my texts to google/gmail but they are not in order like on the thread. Is there a way to get the in order of recieve and sent?

OP
C

colten

Reaction score
Thanks for all your help. I tried what you said and it put all of each individual people in chronological order but not in the order of sent recieved etc. does that make sense. You cant read down and follow the conversation because its all one person chronologically. Any other ideas. I was hoping to save them so you could follow the conversation as sent and recieved in the correct order.

companionlink

Reaction score
I'll admit my experience with it is more along the lines of backup rather than reading through them on my computer, but I'm not sure why it wouldn't be working. I've noticed most of the SMS back-up apps mention that the Droid X/2 has some sort of time-stamp bug in the firmware. Perhaps this is somehow affecting the sorting of your SMS.

If you take a look at some of the related apps, perhaps one of them will work? There are a few of them that are free, and some of the paid ones seem to have a free trial period too. Hopefully one of those will work out!

- David Z