Text messaging sound notification does not stop

Abe911

Reaction score
Using stock SMS text messaging of the S4. I've had the phone a week and texting notification sound has me pondering how to stop the music. I have changed settings and even stopped messaging but each time I turn it back on I get music until I open the text. Hopefully someone has some ideas. I've search the forums and internet but have not found the answer.

Thanks,
Abe

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Try pulling the battery out for 5 minutes.

bbtkd

Reaction score
Try pulling the battery out for 5 minutes.

If the battery pull doesn't do it go into the texting app, go into settings, and ensure that message alert repetition is set to once. If it is set to once, set it to something else then back to once.

OP
A

Abe911

Reaction score
Unfortunately neither suggestion worked, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Only thing I can think of is a Factory Reset.

OP
A

Abe911

Reaction score
I really don't want to do a reset at this time as it takes a lot of time to re-install all the apps and their is no guarantee that it will fix the problem. I downloaded EvolveSMS and it works perfect.

Thanks!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have you tried clearing the data and cache of the app? (This may delete your text messages, so back them up if you don't want them gone. I use SMS Backup&Restore which works flawlessly).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I had this problem of constant notification tone going off repeatedly (seemed like every 5 minutes or less), yet no new notifications, texts, emails, etc. It was driving me crazy. This is with my note 3. I had this problem when I first set up the phone but managed to get it to stop, only to have it start back up again yesterday. I only like notifications for texts and calls. Don't want them for email, Facebook, or anything else. Apparently 4.3 has this persistent notification feature that can be impossible to shut off even after you go into app manager and uncheck "show notifications." I figured that because it started back up again yesterday that it must be due to a recent app I downloaded. I, one by one, uninstalled my recently installed apps, waited, heard the notification tone, reinstalled that app and went to the next app to uninstall. The culprit for me was light flow (probably because I didn't take the time to properly set up for what I want.

Long story (I'm good at that) short, try uninstalling recently installed apps. If one of those is the problem, you can either carefully go through all those apps settings or leave that app uninstalled.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

webkinect

Reaction score
I've just ran in to the same problem on my S4. I was transferring some photos over from my pc and my phone crashed, rebooted and then started playing the notification sound every 5 minutes or so. I've tried all the suggestions above as well as clearing my cache, closing any active apps but every few minutes I'm getting a notification sound without any notifications.

Did anyone find a solution to this??

dfman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
The culprit for me was light flow (probably because I didn't take the time to properly set up for what I want.
Is light flow app running, in setting>application manager>running when the problem of constant notification happened?