Text messaging someone question

Microgers87

Reaction score
Hi
It used to be that only mobile #s would come up in address selection when I went to text someone. Now every number for that person shows up and I do not know if it is their mobile # or not.

Not sure what setting I changed when I got this phone. can someone help me out please?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the droid forums... so your contacts don't show you the mobile or the home numbers?? They're all just jumbled together?

OP
M

Microgers87

Reaction score
yea .. do i need to select mobile or home on the contact list

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
When you store your contacts, you're supposed to put the numbers under mobile/work/home. Then when you tap on the contact in people, it will give you the available options to choose from

BaSHa

Reaction score
yea .. do i need to select mobile or home on the contact list

Yes, in your People List you will want to select the contact and hit edit. In the edit settings there is option to set everyone of them as home, mobile, work, so forth.

Also when you are selecting names to send text to there is smaller letters below the name and number that tells you whether you have that contact set to home, mobile, so forth.

If you do happen to send a text to a land line Verizon sends you a text message directly after saying that the number is a land line number.

Hope this helps?

OP
M

Microgers87

Reaction score
Is there any way to list just the mobile number instead of having all the other numbers listed for that person? Because my client doesnt want to have to choose if it is possible