Text messaging on 2.2

nonpareilpearl

Reaction score
Hello! I'm actually new...so please forgive me if this has been posted before (although my searches have come up empty).

Ever since I updated to 2.2 I have had a hard time texting pictures. I now have the option to attach a picture, some music, a "slideshow"/presentation, etc. - which all seems fine and straightforward. Except all the "picture" text messages (even the incoming ones) are converted to slideshows. This is very annoying as then the phone tries to "change slides" whenever the picture is open, which only gives me a few seconds of viewing at best before I need to re-open it.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there some stupid setting that I can modify to fix this? (i.e. so pictures are pictures and not slideshows)

Thanks!

gerryuml

Reaction score
Hey, I am having the same problem and it is annoying as hell. A friend of mine has a dinc as well adn he has the same issue. It really stinks becuase the slideshow has a timer associated with it and you also cant expand the images. PITA!

OP
N

nonpareilpearl

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not the only one! Since I can't find any answers one way or the other about it, I think I may have to switch to a 3rd party texting app of some sort. Hopefully that will do it. I agree, the timer is a PITA - I hate that it closes whenever it feels like ("goes to the next slide but there isn't one because it's a freaking image").

spring_carter

Reaction score
yesterday my handcent sms started sending txts to the wrong people and showing them as received by the wrong contact. today i uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but now i cannot send any pictures via handcent or the basic htc text program thing. yes, i said thing. there's this spinning wheel next to the pictures i'm attempting to send. any fix?

bailup

Reaction score
as far as texting pictures, i was having the same problem. for some reason if you turn off your wifi and have your 3G on, the pictures will send.