text messaging issue. very annoying

gchave

Reaction score
I use the stock text messaging app and ever since the JB update its be having problems where it would have the green arrow saying its sending but it wouldnt go away. I never know if the message is sent or if its sending still. 99 percent of the time it is actually sent but my phone doesn't read it as sent. Anyone have this problem?

Anomander

Reaction score
I have the same issue with Handcent. It will show sending, but then I will get a reply to that message. Not really a big deal, but aggravating if people do not respond right away since you do not know if they got it or not!

Axium

Reaction score
Maybe exit out off that conversation and go back in for it to update right? Dunno

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Anomander

Reaction score
Maybe exit out off that conversation and go back in for it to update right? Dunno

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Tried that and no such luck. Hell I think I have tried a reboot and gone back in and it still showed it sending!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It instantly says 'sent' for me on every text I've sent thusfar, which is a lot, so perhaps it's your signal?

Anomander

Reaction score
Signal strength does not seem to matter. High or low it still gives me the same problem.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
This also occurred to me on the RAZR MAXX after the JB update. It has not happened in a while and I never did figure out what caused it.

It seemed to happen when I tried sending a picture message or I tried doing various actions very quickly. However it could be that I just noticed those more because that's when it was most inconvenient.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If it's a 3rd party app, uninstall and reinstall. Or try clearing the cache under the app.

tooter1

Reaction score
This fix works on the RAZR HD, hopefully it does to the Bionic too.

Try this......open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!

We think with the update they changed sending SMS over to 4g and messed something up.

Last edited:

WVOz1970

Reaction score
Having the same issue ever since JB showed up. Just made the change tooter1 mentioned. Will see if it fixes the issue.

Anomander

Reaction score

Try this......open up your dialer and type in ##7764726. Next hit send and when prompted with a password type in 000000 and hit verify. Scroll down to SMS/MMS settings and select it. Next scroll to the bottom, select "MO SMS over IMS", and disable it. Now your good delivery reports back!

We think with the update they changed sending SMS over to 4g and messed something up.
Interesting menu in there... #15 device rooting diffidently shows that I am rooted. Surprising since when I did the JB update I did nothing while I was rooted and I retained the Root.

Anomander

Reaction score

This looks like it resolved my issue. Thanks for the post!