Text messaging is not right

baddawg83

Reaction score
I have the rooted version of GB installed on my phone. No rom or anything like that. My text messaging is not working right and is becoming a pain in my side. If I am doing a text it like locks up. I get one word in and it will lock up. I can't hit send or anything. As a matter of fact the only thing I can do it get the home button to work. Then I go back in to the text that I was trying to send and it may work and again it may not. I have to keep doing this over and over. I want to go back to stock. Can someone tell me how to get it back to stock?

louy99

Reaction score
You should reflash GB again. That should fix your problem. To go back to stock, you need to sbf

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Pedrosa18

Reaction score
I am having that same problem only I dont have all rooted mess. I dont really know what that is but I do have the update, and my text messaging sucks!

OP
B

baddawg83

Reaction score
I had this same problem over and over. I called Verizon and they sent me another. I, by then, had an x and I just took the 2 off and put the x on my account. Turned the recert over to my daughter and she had the same problem with not only it but 2 other recerts that they sent. And on the last recert she got the keyboard wouldn't work. So I instructed her to call Verizon right away. This time they told her that they no longer had any more 2's and sent her a recert Droid 3.

silverfang77

Reaction score
From the home screen, touch Menu>Manage Apps>All>Multitouch Keyboard>Erase data. Then return to the home screen and touch Menu>Settings>Language and Keyboard>Multitouch Keyboard>General Settings>uncheck Next Word Prediction.

52.jimmy.0

Reaction score
I did all of the above with no success. A hard re-set was necessary. Problem solved... at least for now.

NeXtras

Reaction score
My phonejust started doing this today randomly, id type a word, would lock up couldnt send nothing.. if i used the touch keyboard, the keyboard would "crash"... sooo frustrating!

I cleared the data like silverfang said, seems to be working ok now!