text messaging app

blockheadnc

Reaction score
I am currently using Chomp SMS for my text messaging but I'm having problems forwarding picture text's and saving picture text's. Does anyone know how to do that or is there a better text messaging app that can do those for me?

OP
B

blockheadnc

Reaction score
texting app

No, but I can give it a try. If it doesn't work I can always uninstall it. Thanks

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya my girlfriend used chomp for a while and was pretty unhappy with it so I told her to try handcent and she said it fixed a lot of her problems.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

blockheadnc

Reaction score
Handcent app

I downloaded Handcent App and it solved a lot of my problems already. I uninstalled Chomp SMS and so far I'm happy with it.:icon_ banana:

Thruway

Reaction score
I downloaded Handcent App and it solved a lot of my problems already. I uninstalled Chomp SMS and so far I'm happy with it.:icon_ banana:

Congrats!
Handcent seems to be the most popular used SMS app. It's customizable options and simplicity just cannot be beaten!
I hope you enjoy it!
P.S. It's also free dancedroid

jman2k7live

Reaction score
Hi, I have a droid x and I am about to cancel my verizonwirelss contract and move to virgin mobile because it is getting too expensive... My question is, is there an app that lets people text my virgin mobile phone but also get them on my droid x (no service, connected to wifi)?

crowax

Reaction score
Would this new phone be a smartphone as well?

I know of text apps for the iphone/ipod that give you a number and the app receives texts when on wifi. I never looked into them for android. But Im almost positive google voice would work. If you havent used it, you register a google voice number and texts to that number are pushed to the app. This would work for wifi and cell. If your new phone is not a smart phone, I'm not positive how you would pull this off. You can have your google voice number be your phone number, so your texts to that number would to go the wifi phone. But on a non-smart phone I do not know if texts would still go to it.

jman2k7live

Reaction score
thanks for the response I'll look into it. The phone I will be getting will probably not be a smartphone because my friend is giving me one of his spare virgin mobile phones.