Text Messaging App

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Just switched from a Droid 1 to a Droid 2 Global and I really hate the Motoblur Texting App. I know about Handcent but, I'd rather not have to install a second app.

Is there any way I could install the apk for the stock Android 2.2 Texting app? Like it was on my Droid 1?

tebower

Reaction score
I am not sure about this, as Motoblur is so integrated with the OS. With 8gb of space, why not just install a replacement (GO SMS is coming up as a seriously good contender), and set it as the default? You could use Titanium to freeze the original app.

alienware777

Reaction score
Well you could adb push the stock texting app over to you phone I suppose, but it may not play nicely with you phone. Honestly with all the work of trying to get it in and working, I would just recommend you download another one from the market and then freeze the one your phone came with, like tebower said.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Well you could adb push the stock texting app over to you phone I suppose, but it may not play nicely with you phone. Honestly with all the work of trying to get it in and working, I would just recommend you download another one from the market and then freeze the one your phone came with, like tebower said.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hmm okay. Unfortunately, Titanium requires root and I am not looking to root.

Either of you know if there is a Handcent theme that is similar to the stock 2.2 (Droid 1) texting app?

tebower

Reaction score
Handcent has tons of themes, Chompsms is another great app, and GoSMS. These all have interfaces that are absolutely superior to and more customizable than the stock look of Android's messaging app. Why limit yourself to that look?

OP
Batfan.com

Batfan.com

Reaction score
Handcent has tons of themes, Chompsms is another great app, and GoSMS. These all have interfaces that are absolutely superior to and more customizable than the stock look of Android's messaging app. Why limit yourself to that look?

Because I prefer the simplicity of the stock Android app :)