text messages

theMezz

Reaction score
When I get a text (Droid3) I have to hit power switch, slide the screen, go to home page and tap TEXT MESSAGES .. then see a list of people and select the person that sent me a text.

Any other way to see that text message. I get dozens a day and that is getting real old.

My env3 I just opened it and read it !!!

help!!!!!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I am moving this thread to the D3 section. I've seen other posts u made here so i will move those as well.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
When I get a text (Droid3) I have to hit power switch, slide the screen, go to home page and tap TEXT MESSAGES .. then see a list of people and select the person that sent me a text.

Any other way to see that text message. I get dozens a day and that is getting real old.

help!!!!!!
Hit the power button, slide the lock and then slide the notification bar down. You should see a note about the message there. If you touch it, it will open to the message. If you get Go SMS, I think you can set it up to turn the screen on when you get a message. It also comes configured to show the message in a pop-up.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I'm not sure about the D3, I don't have one, but you should be able to pull down the notification bar and select the text message from there.

Sent from the Unbrickable DROID

grnidkjun

Reaction score
I have the d3 and the pull down notification is there. Or you could download something like go sms and you have a pop up notification as well you could just click

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Either when you unlock it, just slide the notification bar down, or;

Download Widget Locker
Then apply an SMS widget to your lock screen and you can reply right from there. Example:
IMG_0135.jpg

jpblock82

Reaction score
Not to be rude.... but READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR YOUR NEW PHONE....

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

The_Rick_14

Reaction score

help!!!!!!
Hit the power button, slide the lock and then slide the notification bar down. You should see a note about the message there. If you touch it, it will open to the message. If you get Go SMS, I think you can set it up to turn the screen on when you get a message. It also comes configured to show the message in a pop-up.

Handcent can also be configured where it will wake your phone upon receiving a new message and allow you to reply right from there. If you're texting a lot during the day, this can be very helpful.