Text Messages

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by roadking1, Dec 26, 2009.

1. roadking1

roadking1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know how to send one text message to several recipients?

2. mr2man07

mr2man07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, in the name entry field, type in the multiple names you want to send it to.

3. Berzerker

Berzerker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Once you complete the name, separate it with a comma and space. If you picked a contact from the list that popped up, it already put the comma/space in, but you have to select the recipient box again to type more names in.

4. roadking1

roadking1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You all have been so helpful! Does anyone know if the Droid will connect to a wireless printer?

5. roadking1

roadking1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wireless Printers??

Has anyone been able to connect their Droid to a wireless printer?

6. SteveCOG

SteveCOG New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handcent is good for this, multiple texts and also alerts when receiving texts ala 'waking up' the screen if its locked.

7. smokinfish

smokinfish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes to the wireless printer the ap is printshare it works great. Also there is an app for multiple text recipients called mass text personalizer and this app is sweet. You can actually type your text and enter %fname or %name for first and last name and it will type the name of the person you are sending it to.

Example

Hey %fname we are meeting for happy hour at Yard House.

It would read like this if John was one of your contacts you entered.

Hey John we are meeting for happy hour at Yard House.

Good luck,
    D

8. davidbehrns

davidbehrns Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Handcent

So far I am loving Handcent. If the "wake-up" feature is enabled it will also let you reply to texts from the lock screen without needing to unlock the phone... Very cool

I ended up having an issue with Handcent waking the phone up and the battery life (but it was a personal issue not one with the software :))... I get texts all the time so my phone was constantly on and draining the battery. You can turn that feature off, which I did out of necessity.

It will also re-size pictures so they will make it over the text network (5 mega pixels) is an awesome camera phone but those huge files won't text with the native client.

BUT... My all time favorite feature from Handcent is you can change the LED color based on who sent the text. Before I even touch the phone I know if it is my sweetie or someone else... :icon_ banana:

9. lburley7

lburley7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can you tell if someone has received or opened your text message?

10. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You can get delivery receipts, but there's no way to tell (that I know of) if they've actually read the message.

11. GrillMouster

GrillMouster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could always call them and ask. :)

In the messaging app, click the menu button (hardware) and you can select to request a delivery report and/or a read report. I tried one of them once, I don't remember which one, and I didn't have any luck. Plus, I don't do a lot of texting, and I wasn't sure whether the reports would count as text messages in my limited plan.

12. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There are no guarantees that the reports will work if you're crossing carriers. Both carriers would have to support them.

13. GrillMouster

GrillMouster Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When i tested them i texted people on my network, including one on my family share plan.

14. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Even with Blackberry if you were going to a different carrier you couldn't be sure if someone received your text. If you were on the same carrier you could see whether or not they received it.

Not trying to change the subject but sometimes I still wonder what the point of texting is and how it became so popular? Initially I didn't do it at all since I never hit my 450 minutes a month for calling anyway but somehow or another I started doing it. Primarily with my brother. I can't get my wife to text for the life of me, she insist on emails.

During baseball season I probably send 300 text a month so thank God for Google Voice. Other then that I just use the minimum text plan, 250 minutes.

15. Disciple

Disciple New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello All,
    I have searched the forum here and may have missed what I am looking for, so if this has been posted before please accept my apologies. What I need is a way too print my past text messages from one of my contacts. I have a tenant I may be pursuing legal action against. I have been communicating with them through text messages and need a way to upload text messages to my pc so I can print them out for the courts. I really don't want to have to hand the Judge my cell phone so that he can read the text from there.....LOL. I contacted Verizon and they said the only way was for me to get a subpoena from attorney or police. I still have the text on my phone I tried forwarding to my e-mail but it doesn't send the time, date, and if it was sent or received. Is there an app that would allow me to do this or is there a way I can do this from the tether? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.