Text messages says full but its not!

stangdroid

Reaction score
I keep getting an alert saying my texts are full and the incoming messages are being rejected. But there are no messages after i deleted the few that were there and it still says full! what do I need to do to fix this? I need my texting! Thank you for any help.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I keep getting an alert saying my texts are full and the incoming messages are being rejected. But there are no messages after i deleted the few that were there and it still says full! what do I need to do to fix this? I need my texting! Thank you for any help.

Ah this happened to me, trying to remember, Im pretty sure I uninstalled handcent and reinstalled it but Im not sure, alot had that problem Im sure someone else will chime in..

OP
S

stangdroid

Reaction score
That is when I first noticed it. I uninstalled it a few weeks ago. now i can't get any to receive! Are they suited somewhere on the phone besides the obvious?

rda990

Reaction score
This happens to me EVERY day...it doesn't really mean your Inbox is FULL it means your SYSTEM memory is full...try deleting an app or two and it will do the trick.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
This happens to me EVERY day...it doesn't really mean your Inbox is FULL it means your SYSTEM memory is full...try deleting an app or two and it will do the trick.

Beat me to it. This was exactly the problem. I had a "Low storage space" notification and as soon as I uninstalled Handcent, the notification icon disappeared and text messages began to arrive. I don't believe Handcent was the culprit though. Seems more like a glitch in the OS. I still had 24megs left prior to removing it, so that shouldn't have prevented small texts from arriving.