1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

text messages not sending?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thedeathly, Feb 18, 2010.

  1. thedeathly
    Offline

    thedeathly New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Ever since I installed beast 2.1 my texts have like a 50/50 chance to send. Its annoying and I'm forced to go back to stock. Is there any reason for this? I'm using handcent for texting. I'm not suee if its only my phone or in the rom but I figured id let you guys know.
  2. Lyrandian
    Offline

    Lyrandian New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2010
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    This May not be applicable in your case

    This may not apply in your case but it is worth considering.

    If you have a permenantly restricted number and store your contact phone numbers with a de-restrict carrier code, you won't be able to reliably send texts to those numbers, even if you type the number in manually when you send the text.

    For example, my number has a permenant caller ID block on it. My girlfriend doesn't like it when I call her and my number shows up as "Restricted", so I have to de-restrict her number when I call it. As a result, her number is stored in my contact list as "*82555-555-5555". If I send her a text it will go through about 20% of the time and delivery will fail during the remaining 80%. This holds true even when I enter her number manually, omitting the *82 prefix.

    To work around this, I keep separate address book entries for each person regularlly text. It isn't an ideal solution, but I don't text very often.

    Looks like your problem is unlreated, though, at second glance.
  3. thedeathly
    Offline

    thedeathly New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    The way im checking if theyre sending is i use google voice and i go into handcent send a message and go look at google voice and it was never sent... This problem has only occurred while running beast 2.1. Im either going to stock or finding a new rom. What rom would you recommend?
  4. thedeathly
    Offline

    thedeathly New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2010
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Bump...............!
Search tags for this page
my phone isnt sending text messages
,
my phone isnt sending text messages verizon
,
my phone isnt sending texts
,
why are my text messages not sending
,
why is my phone not sending text messages
,
why is my verizon phone not sending text messages
,
why is my verizon phone not sending texts
,
why isnt my android sending messages
,
why isnt my android sending texts
,
why isnt my messages sending
,
why isnt my phone delivering messages
,

why isnt my phone sending messages

,
why isnt my phone sending text messages
,

why isnt my phone sending texts

,
why isnt my verizon phone sending texts