1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

text messages not sending?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by thedeathly, Feb 18, 2010.

1. thedeathly

thedeathly New Member

Ever since I installed beast 2.1 my texts have like a 50/50 chance to send. Its annoying and I'm forced to go back to stock. Is there any reason for this? I'm using handcent for texting. I'm not suee if its only my phone or in the rom but I figured id let you guys know.
  2. Lyrandian

Lyrandian New Member

This May not be applicable in your case

This may not apply in your case but it is worth considering.

If you have a permenantly restricted number and store your contact phone numbers with a de-restrict carrier code, you won't be able to reliably send texts to those numbers, even if you type the number in manually when you send the text.

For example, my number has a permenant caller ID block on it. My girlfriend doesn't like it when I call her and my number shows up as "Restricted", so I have to de-restrict her number when I call it. As a result, her number is stored in my contact list as "*82555-555-5555". If I send her a text it will go through about 20% of the time and delivery will fail during the remaining 80%. This holds true even when I enter her number manually, omitting the *82 prefix.

To work around this, I keep separate address book entries for each person regularlly text. It isn't an ideal solution, but I don't text very often.

Looks like your problem is unlreated, though, at second glance.
  3. thedeathly

thedeathly New Member

The way im checking if theyre sending is i use google voice and i go into handcent send a message and go look at google voice and it was never sent... This problem has only occurred while running beast 2.1. Im either going to stock or finding a new rom. What rom would you recommend?
  4. thedeathly

thedeathly New Member

Bump...............!
Search tags for this page
my phone isnt sending text messages
my phone isnt sending text messages verizon
my phone isnt sending texts
why are my text messages not sending
why is my phone not sending text messages
why is my verizon phone not sending text messages
why is my verizon phone not sending texts
why isnt my android sending messages