Text Messages going crazy

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Zer0Beast, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Zer0Beast

Zer0Beast New Member

Hey Everyone, i was just curious if anyone else experienced what just happened to me. I was going along texting, and next thing you know, all of my text messaging threads were deleted. I thought I turned off the 'delete old messages', so i checked, and sure enough it was turned off. So, that's the first thing that happened.

I'm Texting to 'Bob', then when looking at my threads, it lists 'John', but then when i open up the thread, it lists 'Bob'. When i send the text, it actually does go to 'Bob'. I've tried deleting the thread again, and text Bob, but sure enough, back on the thread lists, it displays 'John'

has anyone had this happen before? btw, i'm using the stock messaging app, and I'm using PE 1.4

Should i just reinstall the ROM?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Zer0Beast

Zer0Beast New Member

Ok, I just rebooted my phone and it seems to be ok now.

Anyone have issues with the option to not delete messages ? It isn't working for me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. jlnguyen

jlnguyen New Member

the same exact thing used to happen to me all the time when i was using UltimateDroid. ever since i made the switch to PE, i haven't had that problem. my best guess is that some ROM's don't play well with certain phones. an alternative is to use SMS backup and restore and use the scheduled backup setting to make a backup of all your texts every X hours.
  4. Zer0Beast

Zer0Beast New Member

Thanks, I'll give that a try. However, if they are still getting deleted, and i restore them, it will get deleted again. Not sure why it isn't respecting the setting.
Search tags for this page

android text goes crazy

text messages going nutss

text messages going to everyone in my house

text messaging going crazy

text messaging going crazy on s5