Text Messages Erased.

Reaction score
Hey,
Went to open Handcent today and it was blank. Where all my messages were supposed to be was black. I figured something was wrong because the other day my contact list showed up blank and other things werent working and powering down the phone worked.

I did the same today and received a couple texts in the process. I only had the texts I had just received. Where did all my texts go? I checked the regular Messaging app and they were all gone. Does the droid hit a certain limit and autodelete everything?

Thanks,

Derek

notben

Reaction score
The same thing happens to me. I'm not sure why. It seems to be around 600-700 total texts for me across all my messages, and then they're just all randomly gone. I have a feeling that it has to do with the phone running low on memory and clearing texts when they get too high. Wish we could save texts to our SD card :/

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, are you looking at your settings? There is a text message limit in the settings. Mine is set at 200. You can uncheck Delete old messages and that should keep that from happening.

notben

Reaction score
Guys, are you looking at your settings? There is a text message limit in the settings. Mine is set at 200. You can uncheck Delete old messages and that should keep that from happening.

Nah, it's not deleting old texts and replacing them with new ones. Mine is unchecked. When my texts clear as mentioned before, it'll literally be like opening up the messaging program on a new phone: absolutely no threads.