Text Messages Erased.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ZeroGravity107, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ZeroGravity107

ZeroGravity107 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,
    Went to open Handcent today and it was blank. Where all my messages were supposed to be was black. I figured something was wrong because the other day my contact list showed up blank and other things werent working and powering down the phone worked.

I did the same today and received a couple texts in the process. I only had the texts I had just received. Where did all my texts go? I checked the regular Messaging app and they were all gone. Does the droid hit a certain limit and autodelete everything?

Thanks,

Derek

2. notben

notben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The same thing happens to me. I'm not sure why. It seems to be around 600-700 total texts for me across all my messages, and then they're just all randomly gone. I have a feeling that it has to do with the phone running low on memory and clearing texts when they get too high. Wish we could save texts to our SD card :/

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Guys, are you looking at your settings? There is a text message limit in the settings. Mine is set at 200. You can uncheck Delete old messages and that should keep that from happening.

4. notben

notben New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, it's not deleting old texts and replacing them with new ones. Mine is unchecked. When my texts clear as mentioned before, it'll literally be like opening up the messaging program on a new phone: absolutely no threads.