Text Messages disappearing on Verizon RAZR MAXX HD

MisterFreeze

Reaction score
Now here is an interesting problem. I have had this phone since the beginning of June when I got my upgrade. I love the phone, except for this stupid problem. I'm using Nova Prime as the launcher because the Verizon one sucks quite frankly, and using the standard texting application included with the phone. Here's my problem, if I get a text back to back, say when someone misspells a word and then sends a correction, it will instantly erase the prior text. Most of the time before I can even get to the inbox to read it, or sometimes even right when I have the first text open and I'm trying to read it. As far as I know, I don't have any apps I have installed lately that would be interfering with it at least as far as I know. It started in October, if I had to think about it. Help me out Droid Jedi!

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Have you tried going into settings - apps - all, finding the messaging app and clearing data and cache? This may cause you to lose all saved texts to that point but also may help the problem. I had the HD for a while and also used Nova Prime so I don't believe that would be the issue.

OP
M

MisterFreeze

Reaction score
Have you tried going into settings - apps - all, finding the messaging app and clearing data and cache? This may cause you to lose all saved texts to that point but also may help the problem. I had the HD for a while and also used Nova Prime so I don't believe that would be the issue.

I will most certainly give that a shot. It would be my luck if the solution is this simple. -_-

OP
M

MisterFreeze

Reaction score
So far so good using the clear cache/data solution. I will update if it happens again.